Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kitchener, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New publically accessible supercharger being installed at the Kitchener service centre at 663 Victoria St. N.

Service tech said it would be V3. Is in early stages, so I'm not sure on how many stalls.

IMG_20191018_124748.jpg
IMG_20191018_124756.jpg

New publically accessible supercharger being installed at the Kitchener service centre at 663 Victoria St. N.

Service tech said it would be V3. Is in early stages, so I'm not sure on how many stalls.

View attachment 467488 View attachment 467489
At the service centre?! I thought that was no longer Tesla’s model. Anyway, will add on Supercharge Info. How many stalls (number of individual conduits)?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: RedOctober
At the service centre?! I thought that was no longer Tesla’s model. Anyway, will add on Supercharge Info. How many stalls (number of individual conduits)?

Yes I thought it was strange too. I made sure to ask about it being publically accessible though.

Couldn't count the conduit, sorry. It looked like they just started as there where some in ground and some laying against the hole walls.

2. are there any V3 up and running in Canada yet?
Nope! All are either
- under construction (Kitchener, Ignace, Dryden)
- awaiting stalls (London, Deep River, Espanola)
- awaiting activation (White River, Terrace Bay, North Bay)

All the sites mentioned above are V3 sites in Ontario

Haha thanks, I have taken some epic photos of my car along the journey so far.
I don't think there are any operational V3 chargers in Canada yet... but there are about a dozen or so about to go online VERY soon as we can see on supercharger.info
My personal belief is that we are waiting for the Q3 earnings report. I said this about a month ago and @MarcoRP called me down on it, but as the date approaches, I feel it more and more. Just 2 more days - Wed Oct 23. My prediction is we'll see a lot of V3 progress starting this coming Thursday.

Let me go out on another limb and predict that either Saskatchewan or Manitoba will be the first 100% V3 state/province. North Dakota is also eligible but I don't think any site is advanced enough in the construction phase.

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
My personal belief is that we are waiting for the Q3 earnings report. I said this about a month ago and @MarcoRP called me down on it, but as the date approaches, I feel it more and more. Just 2 more days - Wed Oct 23. My prediction is we'll see a lot of V3 progress starting this coming Thursday.
Why would you wait for a conference call to actually start doing work? I could see waiting for a new quarter so that you could push expenses from Q3 to Q4, but why put off construction until you have the call?

Reactions: emupilot
Why would you wait for a conference call to actually start doing work? I could see waiting for a new quarter so that you could push expenses from Q3 to Q4, but why put off construction until you have the call?
Because it is positive news about the company, which comes as perhaps a positive line item when bears are looking for negatives. This is a big deal to public companies in general, and Tesla specifically, which has been on and off the most shorted stock in the history of the stock market. Look at the financial forums (here on TMC) and read some of the commentaries and ridiculous cases of FUD.

View attachment 468971 This picture was taken this afternoon
OP here.

Tech did say V3, but could be wrong. Based on location though, it would make more sense for V3/V2. It's not really in a great spot unless you were driving through. Kind of a weird spot in general. Maybe a local can enlighten as to why it would be needed. It's like the Lawrence Ave East charger in Toronto with the service centre. To me, just the fact it is at the service centre would mean you would want fastest chargers possible to get people out of the way (and charge cars quickly that were in service).

This service centre also looks like it will eventually be setup for sales (they even have a skateboard sitting in the show/delivery room area).

Reactions: RedOctober