Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kremmling, CO - Park Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the appropriate etiquette for talking to vehicles ICEing at Tesla chargers? Key their car? Spit on them? Slash their tires?

Be a kind and cheerful Tesla owner. People are often confused with kindness. Leaves them dumbfounded. The preconceived notions of what a Tesla owner is go out the window with a wave and a smile. (Most of the time);)

Kremmling now shows up in Tesla's vehicle maps.:)
20200811_095425.jpg

At some busy locations, a store manager parks in a space to reserve the space to ensure a spot is available if needed. So the Tesla supercharger customer just needs to walk into the shop and say something and a spot is available. (Just sharing what I’ve experienced.)
I've seen this too, but it is a poor practice in my opinion. All it does is encourage other ICE vehicles to park there.

There's a chargepoint charger in Silver City, NM with a chain across it, so you have to get out and undo the chain. It could have used a sign on it to indicate that it could be taken down, but rather than park a car there, I'd rather the management put a cone with a sign on it. Sure, more work for the driver, but it might be enough to keep an ICE out, I think they mostly park there out of laziness and complacency, not malice, so who's going to get out of the car and move the cone if they don't need to?

There's a chargepoint charger in Silver City, NM with a chain across it, so you have to get out and undo the chain. It could have used a sign on it to indicate that it could be taken down, but rather than park a car there, I'd rather the management put a cone with a sign on it. Sure, more work for the driver, but it might be enough to keep an ICE out, I think they mostly park there out of laziness and complacency, not malice, so who's going to get out of the car and move the cone if they don't need to?
I agree that cones are the best option for problem locations. If I'm planning on using an L2 charger at a hotel, I ask them to put a cone in the parking spot to save it for me.