Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lachenaie, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think that's it. Based on the conduit layout, if it is really for superchargers, it looks like another V3 station (i.e. very similar to the V3 builds along the TCH). I don't think the hardware for those are available in numbers yet.

Even if all the equipment were ready, nothing would get done due to us being in the mandatory 2-week construction worker Summer vacation period in Quebec. So, it's a complete waste of time to check on this site for at least ten days.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Even if all the equipment were ready, nothing would get done due to us being in the mandatory 2-week construction worker Summer vacation period in Quebec. So, it's a complete waste of time to check on this site for at least ten days.
Good point, but I still happened to go visit yesterday. No change to the Superchargers. I encountered a Spark EV owner who was trying to start a charge on the 2 DCFCs but didn’t have a ChargePoint card or account. The cost to charge at this location is $14/hr for a 62.5kW charge or free with promo code ECOIGA upon logging in.
6A79314B-A375-4288-BEB7-192E1A7CDB99.jpeg
FC3C657C-77DE-4A28-9F6C-696D573CE148.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
I don't really care about this particular site, but I am wondering if IGA and Tesla will partner on other projects.

For 3.5 months, IGA has been promising to "soon" announce the other 59 Supermarkets that will be getting CCS/CHAdeMO. Perhaps, some of them will get Superchargers as well.La recharge Éco IGA

My local IGA has 4 free j1772 connectors for it's clients. While the (less than) 30 mins stop at IGA to do the grocery won't give you much charge (but is still better than nothing considering it's free and I don't give a crap about the shell gas coupon anymore), a SC at IGA would make the 30 mins stop worthwhile. Plus it's open until 10PM all days, they sell food, coffee and even have bathrooms. Would make sense to have SC at such stores instead of malls.

Good point, but I still happened to go visit yesterday. No change to the Superchargers. I encountered a Spark EV owner who was trying to start a charge on the 2 DCFCs but didn’t have a ChargePoint card or account. The cost to charge at this location is $14/hr for a 62.5kW charge or free with promo code ECOIGA upon logging in.View attachment 436625 View attachment 436626
After reviewing this thread and all the discussion, I'm convinced for the moment that these are NOT Tesla superchargers. The biggest giveaway for me is the lack of red bollards - every single supercharger site I've seen has a red bollard (concrete post) beside the conduit to prevent a vehicle from taking out the supercharger easily. This site has no bollards at all, and the pavement looks complete, so I doubt they will be added at this point.

There are also at least five groupings of conduits at each V3 install (and more at each V2), and this only has four groupings. In the absence of any corroborating information and given these very notable differences, I think it would be prudent to remove this from supercharge.info until we have more confirmation. /cc @MarcoRP @Chuq @BlueShift

IMHO you are mistaken.

Conduits are placed exactly like the Teslas (and no other car) need.
Definitely possible that I'm wrong - none of us will know for sure until the pedestals are installed. However, for comparison, this is a site under construction in Alberta:
img_20190925_155024-jpg.458998

In Saskatchewan:
eea0fb0a-b9e4-499a-88f0-6b6f1f7ec90f-jpeg.454284

In Ontario:
d77f11cd-d685-4cfc-a23e-ca6c9d4c5d37-jpeg.434980

And in New Brunswick:
163bd6c9-3c26-44f0-9ad7-71a09800cb31-jpeg.446206

I find it very difficult to believe that an under-construction site in Quebec would differ this significantly from every other province in Canada.