Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd quickly share my experience going to and from Las Vegas in a 60.

tl;dr - it's easy.

Left Orange County with ~202.
Arrived in Barstow with ~97 (actual distance 102 miles, rated range used: 105).
Left Barstow with ~200, arrived in Vegas with ~39 (actual distance 157, rated range used: 159).
Left Vegas with 198, arrived in Barstow with ~43 (actual distance 157, rated range used: 155).

Didn't drive super fast, but not super slow either - typical speed in the 68-72 range, with slight decreases on steep grades. Minor AC usage, mostly just pulling in fresh air as the weather was nice.

Would definitely do this again, feel comfortable driving a good bit faster next time and still having plenty of range. The 60 is a great road trip car.

Trips to Vegas in the future will be way easier with the SC, can't wait! Thanks again for the updates Darmok.

With the obvious caveat that you'd need destination charging until the Las Vegas SC is in place, and a bus ticket home if you lack self-discipline.

With the obvious caveat that you'd need destination charging until the Las Vegas SC is in place, and a bus ticket home if you lack self-discipline.

Right. The SC will make this painless. Had to stop at the LV Service Center a few times on this trip to make it work. Fortunately they are extremely nice, even let me charge inside when someone had left their car charging on the outdoor NEMA 14-50 for the whole day.

Here's a quick little video from today showing the site. It gives some context to the pictures. You can see the four charging stations to the left and the two to the right. The main entrance is between them.

There were a few guys on site, getting ready to do some painting and finishing up. All of the charging cables are in on the set of four charging stations, that was not the case yesterday afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if / when they'll have a ribbon cutting or something. It will probably go on the supercharger site next week.

It all now depends on the power company and city inspectors. They were painting over the weekend and still need to put up fencing around the equipment, but the heavy lifting appears to be complete. As for a ribbon cutting, I sure hope so. We have a pretty close group here and I suspect it would be well attended.

Stalls are painted and chain link fencing is going in around the equipment. This will be a really cool site because all of the components are visible.

ezadetug.jpg

Please forgive me if this has or is being done, but wouldn't it be nice to have an updated map of the southwest with supercharger locations and then in between put the actual milage between SCs? I mention this because they seem to be multiplying very fast in 2014. Kingman, AZ SC is located at CARL Jrs. highway 93 and interstate 40, and I was told by local service center person that they are definitely putting one in Primm, NV very soon. It is really getting exciting to see this happen, and hard to believe before long we can travel across country for FREE, think of that.

Seriously - hooray for Primm! That will make the LA/LV much more forgiving in my S60!

I also think, on the stretch between LA/LV, where you are looking at nothing but desert for miles and miles, that a highly visible Supercharger would be great advertising.

It would basically allow you to drive 85mph in blowing wind and 100+ temps in a 60 to Vegas. Can't wait. I had to baby it last time from Barstow.

Primm is definitely needed for the Vegas to LA route it's way too common and important to have owners worrying about wind/elevation/range issues which is a must in a 60. Plus it would eliminate the annoying wait for the range charge that would no longer be needed to be on the safe side with an 85 if you don't like doing the whole slowing down/ turning down the AC/Heat thing.

Y'all must drive insanely fast. Barstow to Vegas (and vice versa) are really no trouble at all in a 60. Primm would be nice, but I'd rather more spaces and a 120kw upgrade at Barstow. I have no interest in stopping twice when it's really not necessary.

Y'all must drive insanely fast. Barstow to Vegas (and vice versa) are really no trouble at all in a 60. Primm would be nice, but I'd rather more spaces and a 120kw upgrade at Barstow. I have no interest in stopping twice when it's really not necessary.

Ive done the trip to Vegas twice. It's no fun in my 60 between barstow and Vegas. Driving below 70 I arrived with 17mi left last time. If there were headwinds or if it was cold, I'd be in trouble. I lucked out. Bottom line is 155mi between SCs is too far a distance in a 60 to have a trip without worry.