Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Las Vegas Blvd. South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to plug in a few hours ago and no dice. So weird that this is taking so long.

Also, wrt the downtown supercharger location... I used it for the first time a couple nights ago. Had to take a leak so walked to the container park. Bathroom had an unbelievable stench, worse than you would expect from a public bathroom. Dried blood spatter all over the floor. I'm not talking a few drops either. Like covering most of the floor. Obviously some heroin junkie was doing it wrong.

Anyways I know this was a debate with people fervently taking sides, but I think it's fair to say that the downtown location is not up to the typical standards of most supercharger locations. I've lived in some pretty bad areas and was poor for part of my life and I'm a big guy who is usually travelling alone, so I couldn't really give a ****, but that downtown area is still sketchier than the typical supercharger area. Also, I lived in Vegas for a couple years so I'm not clueless about the area. I realize it's much nicer and more gentrified downtown than it was 10-20 years ago, but it still is a little rough around the edges. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Dj B
Tried to plug in a few hours ago and no dice. So weird that this is taking so long.

Also, wrt the downtown supercharger location... I used it for the first time a couple nights ago. Had to take a leak so walked to the container park. Bathroom had an unbelievable stench, worse than you would expect from a public bathroom. Dried blood spatter all over the floor. I'm not talking a few drops either. Like covering most of the floor. Obviously some heroin junkie was doing it wrong.

Anyways I know this was a debate with people fervently taking sides, but I think it's fair to say that the downtown location is not up to the typical standards of most supercharger locations. I've lived in some pretty bad areas and was poor for part of my life and I'm a big guy who is usually travelling alone, so I couldn't really give a ****, but that downtown area is still sketchier than the typical supercharger area. Also, I lived in Vegas for a couple years so I'm not clueless about the area. I realize it's much nicer and more gentrified downtown than it was 10-20 years ago, but it still is a little rough around the edges. Just my two cents.
FYI - there's a Restroom inside the office building that I have used, when entry through the double-glass doors are open, while charging at the Downtown Supercharger. Sadly, the women's restroom needs an access key for safety, I am guessing.
I have also noticed private security vehicles circling the charging garage on several occasions while I was there. Yes, I totally agree, that location is very scary especially when you are the only vehicle charging at night.

Reactions: Dj B
I was eating at the Lazy Dog and just happen to look up and see the Super Chargers. Looks like they just need a visit from Tesla to check them out and put them online.
20170202_132625.jpg
20170202_140705.jpg

FWIW, I was at the site last week and I'm pretty sure the wind had blown the plastic off those two stalls, so don't read anything into them being unwrapped. It can get really windy in Vegas this time of year.