Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard that Tesla is leaving Annapolis mall. The staff is going to Rockville, err Bethesda. No reason given, but it's happening very soon. The lack of signage at the new chargers is a mall issue, not Tesla's. It should open up more charger stations with the demo cars leaving.

Huh? Ive seen nothing at Annapolis Mall but a display vehicle in the hallway? I've never seen any staff. Did I miss something?

Huh? Ive seen nothing at Annapolis Mall but a display vehicle in the hallway? I've never seen any staff. Did I miss something?

Sometimes the display vehicle has (had?) one or two Tesla employees there to answer questions or open everything up and let people sit inside.

I'd walk past it on my way to/from the Nordstrom's parking garage. Occasionally I'd stop to chat or flirt with the person running the kiosk (depending on how cute they were ;) ).

I was under the impression that Annapolis was getting a full blown showroom store; just assumed that it was going into the Annapolis Mall since the kiosk was there.

I have test driven an S and and X both from Annapolis Mall location. Been there for at least a year and a half. I had no idea you could charge at the Mall though.

So since there is no store front, you must have made an appointment to do the test drive and met someone at the display vehicle? Then you went to the parking garage for the drive. So there must have been some sort of charger where the cars are kept. Where was that in the garage? Thanks for the info! I live in Annapolis, but hadn't realized there was this possibility.

So since there is no store front, you must have made an appointment to do the test drive and met someone at the display vehicle? Then you went to the parking garage for the drive. So there must have been some sort of charger where the cars are kept. Where was that in the garage? Thanks for the info! I live in Annapolis, but hadn't realized there was this possibility.
Check plugshare.com for all of the charging stations in Annapolis and elsewhere. Previously the "sales" staff was using the 110 EV marked spots in the JC Penny garage or going across the street to the SemaCharge J1772 at the Annapolis Regional Outpatient Center. The display car's near Nordstrom are usual attended by Tesla employee(s) during Mall hours unless they are on a test drive or showing off the car. The staff is always friendly and willing to discuss all topics Tesla.

Reactions: vdiv and kevinf311
Here are some photos from Annapolis Mall. The 120v outlets reserved for EV charging are in the Red Garage.

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_6877.jpg

Here are some photos from Annapolis Mall. The 120v outlets reserved for EV charging are in the Red Garage.

Thanks! I had noticed those gray boxes, but didn't think much of it since they aren't actual EVSEs. I don't normally carry around a UMC. It seems the Annapolis operation was pretty much done on a shoestring, without HPWCs or such. I would say it was very poorly publicized. I only noticed it on the map of Tesla stores, and then on going there to look, had concluded there was only the display vehicle. Seems like I'd have noticed the vehicles in the parking garage, but maybe I've been avoiding that area...

Correct. Made appt. and met at inside the store. Both times the car was parked in a regular spot. As others already pointed out those are only 110 outlets. I live and work in Annapolis and not many charge points around that I know off. Criswell Collision should install a HPWC or an outlet on their building since they are one of the Tesla approved body shops.

Reactions: ThosEM
The weird thing is that during the actual construction (digging etc). I saw people working on each weekend that I went there! That has to cost more and it suggests there was a real desire to get this done quickly. Now it all seems to be done, but it sits waiting for something but we don't know what. It really is curious.

I heard that Tesla is leaving Annapolis mall. The staff is going to Rockville, err Bethesda. No reason given, but it's happening very soon. The lack of signage at the new chargers is a mall issue, not Tesla's. It should open up more charger stations with the demo cars leaving.

Tesla's last day at Westfield Annapolis Mall is Thursday.

Two Tesla connectors (80A) and two J-1772 ClipperCreeks in the Blue Garage 1A near Nordstrom. I'm afraid that it is going to be up to us to convince Mall management to put up signs to reserve these spots for EV charging only.

No news on Laurel.

image.jpeg

Tesla's last day at Westfield Annapolis Mall is Thursday.

Two Tesla connectors (80A) and two J-1772 ClipperCreeks in the Blue Garage 1A near Nordstrom. I'm afraid that it is going to be up to us to convince Mall management to put up signs to reserve these spots for EV charging only.

No news on Laurel.

View attachment 190957

Lanny: at some point I saw a file you posted that was a little card to but on your dash when away from your car while charging to tell people how to contact you. Could you like that again? I can't seem to find it. Thx!