Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Went by today around 2:30 and didn't see any activity. Looks like the concrete pad has been poured for the transformer. The site still needs a transformer, concrete work around the chargers, clean up & line striping.

Reactions: CatB
Looking forward to the unofficial ribbon cutting (whenever it is), if I am in town.

Well, on that note, let's get the discussion started.
June 25th seem too optimistic?
Being the Maryland suburbs, I'd imagine we'd have a bigger crowd then Harrisburg or Tannersville; any recommendations from the locals for a socializing location afterwards?

Until a transformer is sitting on that pad, it's too early to say anything about when it opens. Even after it all looks complete, there could be problems like in Lindale, TX where the fuses kept tripping. It is probably 2-3 weeks after construction finished that they finally opened.

Is there some type of "ribbon cutting" event when Super Charger stations open? Is it a big deal? Fill me in, maybe I'll drive up from DC.

Check the Allentown, Tannersville and Harrisburg threads for past activities.
There's a group of people, doing it mostly for fun, that host an unofficial, non-Tesla-sanctioned ribbon-cutting.
All are welcome.
The biggest issue seems to be setting a time that's mostly-mutually agreeable once the chargers are actually active. Harrisburg completion was problematic so we'll see how smoothly the rest of the Laurel construction goes....

Well, on that note, let's get the discussion started.
June 25th seem too optimistic?
Being the Maryland suburbs, I'd imagine we'd have a bigger crowd then Harrisburg or Tannersville; any recommendations from the locals for a socializing location afterwards?

The supercharger is in the parking deck of a shopping center with a nice variety of places to eat, so I'd probably recommend that