Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I just returned home from the area and never got a charge from this SuperCharger. I did however get a number of full charges from the garages downtown. Baltimore is fortunate to have a number for city garages that have Level 2 chargers. I was able to charge all day with the 208v/32a chargers in the parking garages. Wasn't perfect, but it got the job done. Tesla is making a lot of progress, but it seams like recently the chargers I really need have not completed.

Tesla told the manager at the Towne Centre at Laurel that they hope to open by this Saturday.

No grand opening is planned. The manager wasn't aware of concerns about dim lighting in the garage but will investigate.

Laurel Supercharger Opening Soon?
Hope being the operative word. I think they've been hoping for quite some time, thus the rumor about last weekend. I *hope* it's more than hope!

Wait. HE asked YOU? (I was really expecting it to be the other way around.)

What did you tell him?
The first question he asked me was did I come there to charge. I told him no, I was taking a co-worker to lunch so they could experience the car and we stopped at the charges just show what they looked like. When he asked when they would be turned on I said I had no idea, that it had been this way for quite some time and there were rumors that it should be "soon". He said that they should probably have mounted the chargers further back because one had already been struck by a car backing into it (I knew that already).

I work about 7.5 miles from the Laurel SC, so I've given a lot of co-workers rides at lunch, usually to the superchargers so they can see what they are (and there are lots of good food options there). Typically I do this about 3 times/week; some day (if it's not busy) I will actually demonstrate supercharging. I've given about 20 coworkers rides so far, probably another dozen or so people I know still on my list to check out the car.

Does the fact that the electric meter is still at zero indicate that Tesla has not yet tested the installation?

On July 26, a man in the white Model S who identified himself as working for Tesla was seen plugging into several of the Supercharger stalls that had their panels removed and the TESLA logos lit up. When asked if they were going to open that day, he responded with a coy, "maybe."

I witnessed a similar protocol, panels removed and a technician plugging in at each stall, the evening that Strasburg went online.

I cannot account for the fact that the electric meter is still at zero except to speculate that perhaps the test was unsuccessful and the energy consumed by the lights in the stalls was less than one kWh.

Jul26_2016.jpg