Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Laurel Supercharger.

7:30 PM Monday night.

Thanks @Thinkje for the photos.

Laurel0032.jpg

Laurel0031.JPG

Did anyone ever figure out what was up with that? I sent the pic to someone who works at tesla and got back "wtf?"

I had a quick look at it this weekend after seeing the photo. It's firmly installed on cemented in poles, but there's no sign of any wiring that I saw. It probably is effective in blocking semis from backing into the space, as someone speculated, but it certainly seems weird.

Still in the hunt:
@CatB - 9/20 - Happy Birthday!
@1101011 - 9/21
@kevinf311 - 10/14 (fortunate typing error)
@The Peacemaker - 10/20
@Skipdd - 10/31
@hacer - 11/10
@Mknac - 11/11

My ribbon-cutting scissors all have rust on them from being inactive for so long :(

Is it too late to get in on this action? Johnny, what's the prize package?

I'd guess 15-Oct-2016 (someone observed how no one included the year). It would be unfair to guess this weekend given the insider information from recent posts and it would be kind of a jerk move to pick one day later/earlier than someone.

EDIT: Oops, I did pick one day later than someone. Sorry KevinF311. I was thinking that it would be a jerk move to pick 9/22 specifically.

Oct 15 is the first day of the NLCS. Will the Nationals make it past the first round and still be in contention? Sadly, I must wonder, will the Redskins still be in contention for postseason play? There's surprisingly little sports talk in this forum...

They need a bollard out in front of each connector

Yeh, good point, though it would need to be really close to the SC.

I had a quick look at it this weekend after seeing the photo. It's firmly installed on cemented in poles, but there's no sign of any wiring that I saw. It probably is effective in blocking semis from backing into the space, as someone speculated, but it certainly seems weird.

Not going to stop a semi in terms of the physical aspect! :)

I think Tesla's next redesign should incorporate cast iron sewer pipe for the verticals. And then fill it with concrete after the wire has been run. Next truck to back into one of those puppies will spread the word to be more careful! We could even start putting "kill marks" on the side of the cabinets, like WW2 fighter planes had, to designate how many ICE vehicles each stall had taken out!

I think Tesla's next redesign should incorporate cast iron sewer pipe for the verticals. And then fill it with concrete after the wire has been run. Next truck to back into one of those puppies will spread the word to be more careful! We could even start putting "kill marks" on the side of the cabinets, like WW2 fighter planes had, to designate how many ICE vehicles each stall had taken out!

Well, as long as we're going this route, what if Tesla installed the camera from the AP sensor suite in each supercharger. Non-Tesla vehicles ICEing the spot could be easily recognized and the supercharger has plenty of power to ZAP!

Actually they could have mounted them suspended from ceiling and avoided all the hassle with the pedestals, and trenching the wiring. I think they need to explore a design that suspends from the ceiling in garages to avoid damage to the pedestals and increase the speed of install with exposed conduit.

Reactions: CSFTN