Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leesburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spotted some cabinets that look like super chargers on the second level of the parking garage at the Village at Leesburg (Google Maps) near the movie theater. The corresponding section on the first level is also fenced off. I suspect this is it. The pictures are kinda bad, but I think you can read super charger stenciled on the pallet.

Great find! thanks for letting us know. I'm actually doing some emergency repairs out that way. I may have to stop by and take a look.

I'll have to go find my Crystal ball and see what the turn on date might be.

Last edited:
Great find! thanks for letting us know. I'm actually doing some emergency repairs out that way. I may have to stop by and take a look.

I'll have to go find my Crystal ball and see what the turn on date might be.

Amazing. I lived in Herndon some 30 years ago and everything around Leesburg was farmland or waste land. Now the property is valuable enough to use parking garages instead of just a parking lot.

Reactions: Reddy Kilowatt
I went by the site Saturday morning. I didn't get a feel for when they may be completed. I see 5 cabinets so 10 Stalls?

They have some of the pedestals piped in from the SC cabinets But that is about all they have done. they marked out the Dominion Pad location and started the service disconnects.

IMG_0783.jpg
IMG_0786.jpg
IMG_0789.jpg

Progress report for the week. I dropped by the site this afternoon snapped a couple shots. No wiring just fixtures getting mounted.

Reston Town Center 20 stalls.

The pictures were still for Leesburg, right? Where did you see/hear that RTC will be getting 20 stalls? That has not previously been on Tesla's Supercharger map, but maybe what was "Fairfax" is RTC?

Having just said that,leads me to believe that Tesla would apply for the permit as soon all the variables on site have been resolved. IE leasing, location of the chargers, available power, security, emenities, total cost......... once they apply there running the permit side of things to shake down the unknown variables from that side of the fence. We can typically spot the SC at that point of the process. Now why does it take forever from that point is unknown. Does the package get turned over to “Tesla Construction division “ and is tossed into there schedule.

Alls I know is I was using the crystal ball in my sons Black M3 it got real hot so we quit playing with it. Got out of the car :eek: :eek: DUDE WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CAR

346BCF73-CB8C-4CEB-A20A-D74A3652B9B6.jpeg

Attachments

• C91409C3-1DF1-4748-AFE3-E4040386107B.jpeg
    C91409C3-1DF1-4748-AFE3-E4040386107B.jpeg
    732.2 KB · Views: 37
I live about 5 min away from these chargers. I love that Tesla has come far enough with their Supercharger build out that they’ve drilled down to this shopping/town center out here. There are some awesome restaurants, a movie theater, bike shop, and a.... donut shop there. Also the very popular Leesburg Premium Outlets are 5 minutes away so plenty of people making the trip out to shop from further away than NoVA will find these chargers very convenient.

The town center is mixed use, so has a bunch of condos above all the shops and above/around this garage. I wonder if the most regular use from these chargers might be from those who live around there who may have a harder time getting built in charging in their condo buildings. Not quite the mission of these Superchargers but it’s the reality.

I live about 5 min away from these chargers. I love that Tesla has come far enough with their Supercharger build out that they’ve drilled down to this shopping/town center out here. There are some awesome restaurants, a movie theater, bike shop, and a.... donut shop there. Also the very popular Leesburg Premium Outlets are 5 minutes away so plenty of people making the trip out to shop from further away than NoVA will find these chargers very convenient.

The town center is mixed use, so has a bunch of condos above all the shops and above/around this garage. I wonder if the most regular use from these chargers might be from those who live around there who may have a harder time getting built in charging in their condo buildings. Not quite the mission of these Superchargers but it’s the reality.

Good points, I agree about the location and the amenities being a plus compared to other sites with fast-food only options. These are the urban supercharger style so a slower charge rate. I think it's great if people who live in the apartments can benefit from them as long as they don't block the spaces when not charging (idle fees should discourage that too). Hopefully developments like this one will begin to install chargers (or just 220 outlets which are much cheaper) for their residents with Teslas to use.

Having just said that,leads me to believe that Tesla would apply for the permit as soon all the variables on site have been resolved. IE leasing, location of the chargers, available power, security, emenities, total cost......... once they apply there running the permit side of things to shake down the unknown variables from that side of the fence. We can typically spot the SC at that point of the process. Now why does it take forever from that point is unknown. Does the package get turned over to “Tesla Construction division “ and is tossed into there schedule.

Alls I know is I was using the crystal ball in my sons Black M3 it got real hot so we quit playing with it. Got out of the car :eek: :eek: DUDE WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CAR

View attachment 382184
Is this paint or a wrap? Thx

Good points, I agree about the location and the amenities being a plus compared to other sites with fast-food only options. These are the urban supercharger style so a slower charge rate. I think it's great if people who live in the apartments can benefit from them as long as they don't block the spaces when not charging (idle fees should discourage that too). Hopefully developments like this one will begin to install chargers (or just 220 outlets which are much cheaper) for their residents with Teslas to use.

I don't get why the lower charge rate. That seems counter productive. I believe I've read elsewhere that Urban chargers would be ~75 kW on each station which is about half the max rate from the Supercharger.

I needed a big charge today and was meeting someone in a restaurant very near a Supercharger, so perfect, two birds with one stone! But when I arrived all 12 stalls were full and as I waited several more Teslas drove by obviously looking for a charge. When another Tesla stopped to wait, I gave up and parked to get to my meeting. I had to end the meeting early just to get enough charge to get back in time.

If this had been a 50 kW Urban charger I would have had to wait even longer and the chances of finding an open slot even worse.

Oh yeah, my point with all this is that if there is any way you can charge at home or work, that is the best way to do it. Even a 30 amp charger will do the job during an 8 hour work day or overnight at home.