Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because the owners don't own Teslas and they don't think there is demand. Also, some (eg spinx) have put in overpriced evgo units and seen little use, so they get mislead.

I suspect they'd change their mind if one station did a proof of concept along I-26.
I'm fairly confident the QT people know what they are doing.... we might now like it but they are no dummies... and correct they don't own Tesla's

I'm fairly confident the QT people know what they are doing.... we might now like it but they are no dummies... and correct they don't own Tesla's
They are doing a lot better than some of the others that choose not to put in EV chargers, but that doesn't make them right or knowledgeable in this area. This definitely isn't a "no demand" situation.

Imagine the busiest interstate in your state. Now imagine that the endpoint is its biggest tourist destination. Would you expect no demand for the only supercharger on the route (if you built it)? Anyone saying that is speaking from a position that lacks knowledge. That doesn't make them "dummies", of course.

Lexington Supercharger now appears in the Nav and is routable.

Attachments

• info.jpeg
    info.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • route.jpeg
    route.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
First post from a new Model 3 owner in Charleston (well the car itself is used, but new to me :) )

Very pleased to see this. Took a trip up to Waynesville, NC a couple of weeks ago and had to hit the east Columbia charge both ways and it added quite a bit of time to the trip. We just need one in Spartanburg at the I-85/I-26 interchange and we'll be set. No clue why they put one in Greenville instead of Spartanburg...

Reactions: PStewart
No clue why they put one in Greenville instead of Spartanburg...
Congrats on your car.
Greenville is about half way between Charlotte and Atlanta on I-85. It's really a push to drive that distance without stopping for a quick charge, hence Greenville. Plus Tesla tries to have corporate partnerships (like Target, or Hilton to name a few) and maybe that wasn't available in Spartanburg at the time.
But I agree we need one on I-26 in Spartanburg or perhaps at the I-26/I-385 split as you suggested. Or maybe one at the I-26/I-85 intersection in Spartanburg.

A635FBE5-3A71-48E5-BE2A-FB981FB3CD22.jpeg
This charger is doing odd things. All the chargers in the #3 bank (3a, 3b, 3c, 3d) do not seem to report when youā€™re charged and mentions fees but doesnā€™t seem to actually charge my car or report in app. I have charged at these the last couple days and my app does not indicate any charging taking place. Essentially free charging. Not sure if itā€™ll be delayed and hit all at once but that doesnā€™t seem likely. The screen does show the ā€œlast chargedā€ price.

I charged at 1b on the very first day it opened
and was charged.
BF668DE6-DDC1-47F9-A16D-2FA789BCE8E4.png

Iā€™m thinking the 4 chargers arenā€™t reporting themselves and the notification is something initiated by the car. The in car GPS also is only showing 8 open but yet there is 12 chargers. Iā€™m sure this will be resolved soon. (All the free supercharging was on my old car)

View attachment 715926This charger is doing odd things. All the chargers in the #3 bank (3a, 3b, 3c, 3d) do not seem to report when youā€™re charged and mentions fees but doesnā€™t seem to actually charge my car or report in app. I have charged at these the last couple days and my app does not indicate any charging taking place. Essentially free charging. Not sure if itā€™ll be delayed and hit all at once but that doesnā€™t seem likely. The screen does show the ā€œlast chargedā€ price.

I charged at 1b on the very first day it opened
and was charged. View attachment 715928
Iā€™m thinking the 4 chargers arenā€™t reporting themselves and the notification is something initiated by the car. The in car GPS also is only showing 8 open but yet there is 12 chargers. Iā€™m sure this will be resolved soon. (All the free supercharging was on my old car)
Did you submit a maintenance request for the site?

Did you submit a maintenance request for the site?
I guess I wasnā€™t clear - all 12 chargers work. 3A, 3B, 3C, and 3D are apparently operating as free chargers right now. Tesla maybe delayed at processing the charges on these till they are reporting again, not sure. Tesla monitors all sites and will send technicians to fix things when needed. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re well aware since the GPS is indicating them not even online.

Reactions: Jeremy3292