Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - London, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People consistently fail to understand the major benefit of V3 superchargers when it comes to capacity and throughput. It isn't so much that some cars will get higher speeds. It's that you won't get throttled as much by being paired. While your specific model may not be able to take advantage of the 250 kW max, the big plus is that you aren't going to get stuck at 36 kW anymore. So, Yes! for you too.

Not to mention that when your waiting for a spot at a full station, the wait should be shorter too

Reactions: Chuq
Location of the Supercharger (highlited in yellow). Supercharge Info updated
3AF5C0C0-B78F-4576-96D9-F6B532D14D75.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
People consistently fail to understand the major benefit of V3 superchargers when it comes to capacity and throughput. It isn't so much that some cars will get higher speeds. It's that you won't get throttled as much by being paired. While your specific model may not be able to take advantage of the 250 kW max, the big plus is that you aren't going to get stuck at 36 kW anymore. So, Yes! for you too.
And, since a vast majority of Teslas sold or soon to be sold (3, Y) will charge much faster, they will be in and out in 15 min instead of 30-45 min (like this old 70D). I’ve already experienced this. At almost every SC stop, I see a 3 arrive after me and leave before me (even on the current lowly 150 KW SCs), including my “touch and go” stops with another SC less than 100 km away.:(

Reactions: shellderp
This is a great location considering its right close to where the 401 and 402 meet. I wonder what this means for the supercharger in Strathroy since you will now have supercharger just across the border in Port Hope and now one in London.

No need for one at Strathroy now. Would be nice to have one in Sarnia (SmartCentres Sarnia would make sense) so that you don't have to cross border to charge in Port Huron. For reference, Tesla doing the same thing in Sault Set. Marie.
This is a better location than Strathroy as this will be a good location from people going into London from Toronto. Toronto- London and back was right at the limit of my range in summer for my P85D so this is appreciated.

Hi all - this is great news!! Not sure if others did the same but I submitted this location as a potential site via Tesla's website this past summer. Nice location due to 402/401 junction.

Agree - would love to have one in Masonville as well for North End travel (which does have a new, non Tesla (FLO) Chademo and CCS (50KW) charger installed. (See plugshare)

FYI - I'm back to forums after 4 years under new name. Used TMC extensively leading up to my Lease of Model S in 2015 - mostly as an observer. Great to see the forums still thriving!

Reactions: MarcoRP
London, ON

Along National Highways: ON-401
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): None

ON-401

To: Woodstock, ON - 47.2 km
Diversion: 1.1 km
To: Cambridge, ON - 97.7 km

London, ON splits a 185.3km gap on the ON-401 between Comber, ON and Woodstock, ON.
Then, ON-401 will need construction in Brockville, ON to reduce the largest gap to139.2km.

London, ON will also split a 154.9km gap between Port Huron, MI and Woodstock, ON.

So, a good double-splitter near the intersection between ON-401 and ON-402.

Last edited:
Reactions: mirovuko