Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Los Angeles, CA - Alameda St. (LIVE 17 Sep 2020, 16 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 20210118_085739.jpg
    20210118_085739.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Sounds like it's really up to the ROW DTLA to get the chargers back online? The ROW appears to be going through tough times as many of the retail spaces sit empty due to the pandemic, so it's possible that the SCs may have been turned off for now to save on expenses.
I really really hope you’re wrong about that. AFAIK, Tesla pays for the electricity, unless perhaps it was sponsored (highly doubt it).

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I really really hope you’re wrong about that. AFAIK, Tesla pays for the electricity, unless perhaps it was sponsored (highly doubt it).

Agreed. Hope the chargers come back online soon. The speculations on why the chargers are offline seem to be just that, speculations.

Exactly what its suppose to mean. As Flexo clarified for you ROWDTLA has shutdown the SC. No one knows when they will flip on the switch. What i do know is that its been powered off going on a month now.

Tesla needs to expedite the construction of the Chinatown SC. At the moment it reads Q3

After listening to the speculations in this thread, I called ROW DTLA directly and they told me they didn't close the superchargers down. They said there's nothing preventing them from operating other than Tesla shutting them down for unknown reasons.

How is this speculation that the ROW has not turned on the SC stations at the ROW.

Chatted with Tesla Support about the location. Agent Jefferey's reply to my question on if the Supercharger is going to disappear forever: "It's not disappearing. But-- it looks like there is a breaker fault, which the maintenance team is working with city electricians to solve. I don't see an ETA for the fix, yet."

This breaker fault has not been resolved for what is going on for a month now. You have to wonder if the ROW will get to fixing this during these tough times.

• Disagree
Reactions: mociaf9
This breaker fault has not been resolved for what is going on for a month now. You have to wonder if the ROW will get to fixing this during these tough times.
The person I talked to on the phone at the ROW said it's all up to Tesla to repair and open the station.

Since the city of LA is involved according to the Tesla agent, that's probably why things are taking so long. They're operating on reduced outdoor staffing due to covid. And even before Covid... it's the city, of course everything is glacial.

The person I talked to on the phone at the ROW said it's all up to Tesla to repair and open the station.

Since the city of LA is involved according to the Tesla agent, that's probably why things are taking so long. They're operating on reduced outdoor staffing due to covid. And even before Covid... it's the city, of course everything is glacial.

the explanation from the Tesla agent is confusing as COLA (city of LA) does not employ installation electricians. It may appear that the ROW is waiting on LADWP/SCE inspectors to re-certify the repaired breakers? At this point its so convoluted we don't even know what the real status is. I'm not expecting this SC to come online anytime soon.

I can’t imagine ROW would be too involved in this. Tesla has their own metered service so any breaker maintenance or repair would have to be handled by either Tesla or any electrician/contractor hired by Tesla. The only other party involved, other than Tesla or contractors, would be LADWP since they would need to remove the service meter or isolate utility power at some other upstream switch or point in order for Tesla or Tesla’s hired contractor to repair or replace any faulty breaker or switchgear. After repairs are done then LADWP may require an electrical inspection from another city department before reconnecting utility power: it would all depend on what exact work was done.

How is this speculation that the ROW has not turned on the SC stations at the ROW.

Because ROW literally has nothing to do with it besides leasing the parking spaces to Tesla. They don't own the charging hardware, they aren't responsible for maintenance or repairs of that hardware, they aren't involved with the electrical service, they didn't hire the contractors who built the station, etc. All of that is Tesla. If ROW was the one keeping the station closed it would only be by restricting physical access to the chargers, e.g. not letting people into the garage. Literally anything else is Tesla's full responsibility, ROW is entirely hands-off.