Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY - Towne Center Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's hope that when this SC is live, Tesla will upgrade the other SC in Louisville as I had to try 4 chargers before I could find one that would actually charge my 3 when I went through there in early March.
I charged there last night and was getting over 100kw on the first charger I parked at. 2 or 3 others were charging as well, so everything seemed to be in working order.

Reactions: mociaf9
I was there today July 1 around 10am. I Used one charger (next to the power box) just to test and it worked fine. My car was at 65% and showed 100KW when I started. This is at the north end of the Meijer parking lot, towards Kohls.

Attachments

• 2020 07 01 Louisville East.jpg
    2020 07 01 Louisville East.jpg
    888.8 KB · Views: 120
Awesome news, we should have our MY by Aug and already have a trip planned from southern IL to southern MD vis I-64 for my granddaughter's 5th B-day but that stretch from Mt Vernon IL to this SC is close to 200 miles and this being a V3 will shorten my stop considerably.

I hope Tesla fills that gap from Mt Vernon to/from Elberfeld/Haubstadt soon as that would ease concerns about making this trip in the dead of winter. Which we do for our Christmas holiday trip and again in Jan for grandson's B-day.

Reactions: edseloh
Not sure of the extra time it will take for people traveling south. tap tap tap
OK just did this simply Google maps test.
[update: as pointed out this time diff may not matter with a 150 kW shared pedestal vs 250 kW dedicated. I've only seen 160 kW in my '17 X but the point is still made if the supercharge is busy]

Begin - Sellersburg, IN
Stop - Tesla Supercharger, 4100 Towne Center Dr, Louisville, KY 40241 (NEW)
End - Shepherdsville, KY
50.1 miles
57 minutes

Start - Sellersburg, IN
Stop - Tesla Supercharger, 2120 Gardiner Ln, Louisville, KY 40205 (EXISTING)
End - Shepherdsville, KY
39.3 miles
46 minutes

FmRFUZJ.jpg

Last edited:

Begin - Sellersburg, IN
End - Shepherdsville, KY
50.1 miles
57 minutes

Start - Sellersburg, IN
End - Shepherdsville, KY
39.3 miles
46 minutes

FmRFUZJ.jpg
But how much time do you save when you get 250kw instead of 150kw ( or 50kw if it is busy and you have share a pair)

[update: as pointed out this time diff may not matter with a 150 kW shared pedestal vs 250 kW dedicated. I've only seen 160 kW in my '17 X but the point is still made if the supercharge is busy]

Begin - Sellersburg, IN
End - Shepherdsville, KY
50.1 miles
57 minutes

Start - Sellersburg, IN
End - Shepherdsville, KY
39.3 miles
46 minutes

FmRFUZJ.jpg
So all Model 3 and Y owners go to the new Supercharger and leave the Gardiner Lane charger to us Model S and X owners!

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
hopefully they will update the gardiner lane supercharger to v3. There have been charging issues at this location for at least 6-9 months.
Absolutely. Right now I’m charging on Gardiner Lane. My max for this session has been 53 kW. Granted I started sharing (I arrived second) at 22 kW.

My screen says one stall is out of service, but more is going on here. Two, at least, are out and others charging at reduced rates.

So all Model 3 and Y owners go to the new Supercharger and leave the Gardiner Lane charger to us Model S and X owners!

We get our MY on Sat and have a trip planned in Sept from our home in southern IL heading to southern MD via I-64. That gap between Mt Vernon and Louisville is 197 miles but is 6 miles off I-64, I'll be rolling in at a low SOC and can take advantage of the V3 speeds, but that 12 miles to/from I-64 is probably another 20 minutes. Guess I shortstop my charge there due to V3 and charge enough to get to Lexington. But our destination is a hotel in Barboursville WVA that has destination chargers (200 miles from that SC). Or I can use this stop as our lunch break and charge to 90% so we can make it to our hotel nonstop. Looking forward to our first road trip in our MY.

• Love
Reactions: scottf200