Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The conversation ended with him saying "I think we'll open it tomorrow."

Hurray! Else this will be my 3rd Christmas as a Tesla owner who had to drive the ICE for Christmas. Had to fix this on the ICE just in case. Problem made worse being under the passenger seat. AGM battery with vent hose is not supposed to do this sort of thing, but it did. Brown thing running left/right is vent hose.

IMG_0725.jpg

Not turned on as of 10pm EST on 12/23. Will update tomorrow when I get to work and can go check it out.

Bummer. But thanks a bunch for keeping us up to date! Will be really something if the crew works on Christmas Eve.

Vacuumed my ICE, washed windows, aired tires, and have a full tank of diesel for yet another non-Tesla Christmas. Of course vacuumed, washed windows, and aired tires on the Model S also too. Covering all bases.

The Buckhead Mountain Grill is in the shopping center across the street, along with the coffee shop, a mexican restaurant, a pizza place, and a Subway. There is also an Orange Leaf frozen yogurt place.

What is missing are 24-hour restrooms. There is a Rite-aid pharmacy, but their hours show that they close at midnight. The Krispy Kreme doughnut shop is open 24-hours but apparently only the drive thru has those hours, so not sure if you can access the restrooms.

Last edited:
In the pictures you can see the chargers have been labeled. That is normally the final step before they make them publicly available. I'm guessing they are working out issues with some of the stalls. Maybe they don't want to open it before all the construction is cleaned up.

I'll verify they are for sure on later when I bring my vehicle out. The police officer sitting in the lot said a Tesla had charged there.

Please! We know a Tesla engineer has been charging there but the site was not yet open. Police officer wouldn't have means of knowing the difference. I travel in the morning and the status determines which vehicle I drive. Of course I'd much rather see an official email from Tesla announcing the site is open for business. Its just that if I get there on Christmas and its not open/functioning there is a problem in finding something open. Nissan dealer with CHAdeMO accessible during off-hours? Many close gates to their lots and that blocks access to the EVSE.

Surprised and pleased to see the trench work has been paved already with all the rain.

I'm almost certain they are working. Light was on and the gates are open too them along with all cleaned up and tagged with numbers. If someone else stops by before 7pm please update, but if not I will let you know then when I plug in.

- - - Updated - - -

I just called Tesla supercharging service and asked if they were online at the moment. The rep stated they are not online and most likely will not be until next week. He did state if someone were to go out and sync the unit they would be functional.

At the site now. No red "Tesla" logos lit up. Looks like a no go. :(

I doubt they'll be switched on any time tonight but I'll stop by after work around 11pm and confirm for sure that they're not on for those of you traveling Christmas Day.

Stopped by about 30 minutes ago with no lights on. When I called earlier the supercharging service line said it'll be next week.

- - - Updated - - -

I just stopped by and tried three of them. Pushed the button to open charge port and no dice. Tried plugging one in and no power.

Honestly though who knows they may be on tomorrow. I just don't see why they'd rush to get all the work done, cleaned, paved, and open the gates up so quickly. We shall see what happens!