Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped by... It's dark, but it's coming along! Pics as requested!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

May the odds fore..... nevermind. lol. I'd say pretty good. They got a lot done in those 2 weeks. I bet its on midweek.

Inspirational:
The odds of me coming into the rocket business, not knowing anything about rockets, not having ever built anything, I mean, I would have to be insane if I thought the odds were in my favor.
Elon Musk

Practical:
The odds are always against you no matter what your previous history is. You have to overcome the tendency to relax.
Tom Osborne

I'll be coming through right after Christmas so I can add an extra one to my supercharger count if it's open. ALL fingers crossed.
Fezzik - You should have replied "Inconceivable!"

I'll be coming through right after Christmas so I can add an extra one to my supercharger count if it's open. ALL fingers crossed.
Fezzik - You should have replied "Inconceivable!"

I used to do that all the time.... then it got old and I did not want it to get old because I dont want anything about that movie to be bad, so I stopped saying it. BUT that was years ago... may have to pick it back up.

There is now a dumpster on site for final cleanup. And the ground is being leveled to patch the asphalt where they trenched for electrical. I'd say it's ready to be fired up. No charger cables hooked up yet though. Not working this weekend and don't frequent this end of town otherwise, so may not have updates until Tuesday the 22nd when I'm back to work.
1.jpg

I am eager to see the Louisville Supercharger site open and realize that this is yet another step toward making the Tesla a car to be desired and driven anywhere. I am eagerly awaiting the Model 3 when it is revealed and I can finally place an order for a car I've been waiting to see.

So I have been at the openings for a few SC in the past. The long pole in the tent is normally the power from the electric company. When you see the three phase transformer show up and get connected we know we are close. The final inspection will involve labeling the individual chargers. You'll see the numbers in a little round circle at the bottom. The red "TESLA" at the top will be a sign as well that the units have power. In my experience we are probably a few weeks out still. Especially with the holidays. The power company won't be in a rush.

image.jpeg
Good news!!! There are electricians working on the chargers (with red Tesla lights now lit) at 6:45pm on a Tuesday night. Better still, there was a Tesla with California plates charging... albeit with piles of dirt and construction stuff all around it. Still not opened (fenced off- guessing it was one of Tesla's cars), but there IS hope that it may yet be done by Christmas :)

Last edited:
Hip Hip Hooray!!!! That will take away my range anxiety going to Louisville from my home in Campbellsville. I've gotten over most of my range anxiety. But the trip to Louisville was just a bit tight. Winter, rain, detours and I was too tight for my comfort. Hip Hip Hooray!

I wonder how test cars discharge their batteries between tests? Can/will they open a 6- or 8-bay Supercharger site without running every bay at capacity?

Dear Tesla,
I don't care about the paving. Have driven my Model S 4 miles up a dirt road and back. I'll brave gravel in the parking lot for Supercharging my Christmas trip this year.

The 85D plugged in to the charger was being used by a Tesla Charging Engineer to make sure everything was all set. I spoke with him at length at about 8pm and hovered around while he talked to the electricians at the site that were finishing up final cleanup. They talked about not powering the site up until after Christmas but then said they'd make the decision tomorrow. After the engineer was done working I asked him if he thought it would be open by Christmas. He was kind of hesitant to say yes or no as to not get hopes up. I said "there's a lot of talk on the TMC forum from owners hoping it's open for Christmas so they can drive their Tesla rather than their ICE for their holiday travels." I also explained (since he was from San Fran) that Louisvllle is a fairly large connector for interstates and a supercharger here was a make or break thing for a lot of owners traveling through. He seemed to take that to heart and said that the project manager for this site would probably be ok with getting it open for the holiday. The conversation ended with him saying "I think we'll open it tomorrow."

I'll swing by the site tomorrow evening and see if everything's glowing! If it's open for Christmas, you can all thank Hank the Tesla Engineer for pushing his manager to do it!