TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Ludington, MI

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by thx1139, Jun 26, 2017.

1. thx1139

thx1139 Member

Saw in SuperCharge.Info this morning that a new SC opened in Ludington, MI. Whole project went undetected. Tesla.Com says it is in a Meijer parking lot.

• Informative x 1
  2. snellenr

snellenr Member

Nice! That'll simplify taking the car ferry over to WI... (assuming that I get over having them drive it onto the boat).

• Funny x 1
  3. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

Let me know if there any plans to give it a proper welcome (rally/grand opening/ribbon cutting, etc). I'm all the way on the other side of the state, but I've charged at every SC in MI now except this one...so I need to cross if off the list. :)

• Like x 1
  4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Ludington, MI

Interstates: None
    US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-10, US-31

To: Traverse City, MI (US-10,MI-37,US-31) - 87.6 miles
    To: Cadillac, MI (US-10,MI-37,MI-55,MI-115,local) - 71.7 miles
    To: Bay City, MI (US-10,I-75,MI-13) - 138 miles
    To: Marshall, MI (US-31,I-96,US-131,I-94) - 183 miles
    To: Grand Rapids, MI (US-31,I-96) - 105 miles
    To: St. Joseph, MI (US-31,I-196,I-94) - 147 miles
    Also:
    To: Pleasant Prairie, WI (US-31,local w/ferry, I-94) - 180 miles
    To: Madison, WI (US-31,local w/ferry, I-794,I-94,I-90,US-151) - 221 miles
    To: Sheboygan, WI (US-10 w/ferry,I-43,WI-23) - 93.8 miles
    To: Green Bay, WI (US-10 w/ferry,I-43,WI-172,I-41) - 110 miles

in a town that's a ferry port to Wisconsin, and helps travelers heading up the west of Michigan.

5. grichard

grichard Member De-Luxe

Well, this is ironic. I drove through Ludington on Saturday evening. I was coming off of the SS Badger and heading up to Interlochen to drop off my daughter at camp. Never even noticed it on the in-car map. Could have saved myself stringing an extension cord to trickle electrons at my hotel in Traverse City.

Oh, well. Next year.

6. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

It's not on the map in my car yet either though... Of course, I don't have the latest "silky smooth" update to AP2 that I keep hearing about either. So I guess I'm a bit behind on the updates right now.

7. Bgarret

Bgarret Model 3 ownin' Michigan scofflaw

Luddington is a nice adddition. Was troublesome trying to go round trip up the Lake Michigan shoreline. West Michigan is still a charging desert, but at least there is another Oasis.

I've used the St. Joseph's charger about a dozen times on trips in and out of Chicago. Never seen more that 1 other Tesla charging, and usually by myself. 6 Tesla's charging there yesterday, including 3 Model X.

Times they are a changin'.

8. mdX-

mdX- Member

I just crossed on the SS Badger Ferry with my X today. They said if I insisted, they would let me drive her on.
    The senior traffic director promise3d he would hand pick a good driver and everything came out OK.

BUT, actually, I think next time I will drive it on just for the experience! Leverage being a Tesla owner!

• Informative x 1
  9. mdX-

mdX- Member

Hello G Richard. Wow! too bad. I remember sending you information about the Ludington SC and commenting on your daughter going to Interlochen as my daughter went 25 years ago. Did you get the message? Maybe a rhead elsewhere?

10. mdX-

mdX- Member

THE LUDINGTON SC IS GREAT!
    A Local named Mike came up and took my picture saying he thinks I was the first to use it. He is going to have the newspaper write up my stop!

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like x 2
  11. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

I used it on my back to Northern Michigan from Chicago a week ago too. It is at a great location. Put on about 160 miles in a half hour. Another Tesla also stopped in.

12. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

My first visit to this one was on July 14th, I swung by here after the Tesla Owners event that took place at Crystal Mountain. This one was a bit out of the way for me as I live just a bit south of Detroit and I could have taken a more direct route home....but I also wanted to check this one out (and I stopped at Marshall after this one) and be able to say that I've charged at all the Michigan SC's. Which I can...until Traverse City and Lansing open. :)

13. mdX-

mdX- Member

Yea Jim M & IT, I told Mike I thought others must have stopped by.
    Where in Northern Mich are you Jim?
    My summer home is on crystal lake.
    I just installed a NEMA 14-50 at my cottage and am listing it on Plug Share,

14. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

On the north shore of Crystal lake about 4 miles out from Beulah!

15. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

You'r ahead of me. Though the only ones I have missed so far are Port Huron and Marshall. The one I have been really waiting for is Lansing.

16. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

Does anyone have a nice overall installation photo of the Ludington SC?

17. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

This is the best one I have. I mainly took it of my car, meaning I didn't back up far enough to get all the chargers in the shot...

upload_2017-8-18_16-44-29.png

• Like x 1