Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Macon, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note that the last segment of I-485 around Charlotte (linking I-85 and I-77, through Huntersville) is currently under construction, with completion expected by end of this year. So the Huntersville site won't be too far out of the way for I-85 travelers, soon.

I actually just got an email back from Huntersville. I don't believe it's there. Wherever they're going next, I would image that the permit is in place or close to it seeing how much work is left in Macon.

"There have been some talks about potential charging stations in our region, but we’re not aware of any related to Tesla at this time. That said, that is something we’re certainly willing to discuss, should the opportunity arise."

I think the location will be off I-85 instead of I-77. That seems like the more popular route, especially whats been built out to date. I think Concord, NC would be a good option as they have an outlet mall there is a well which has partnered with Tesla in the past.

Stupid question: Why does it all the sudden direct you to the sign in page? Is that because they've taken down the old page while they're getting ready to put the new one up and since the old page doesn't exist, it just defaults to the sign in? What's the significance here?

I'm not sure what the exact process is, but typically the switch is flipped within 48 hours of this page being displayed. I believe that the page is being built during this time and their change the website from the ordinary re-direct to a specific landing page. I've estimated and also heard that it should go live on Wednesday.

Page isn't showing up for me. Probably went back down and will be finalized tonight.

Odd. I just did a hard refresh and still see it. Still needs to be fixed though. I know we've seen the blue route not being accurate. I remember one location where the path went over water! Not sure what causes this.

Untitled.png

I spoke with a Tesla guy from the corporate HQ in California at the supercharger site in Macon today about 4 pm. He indicated he was in charge of inspecting the site prior to it becoming available for use. He said that the site was functional and had passed all local inspections but required a few tweaks before it would meet Tesla's higher standards. First it would require that wooden fence around the support devices (transformers ect.) that I've seen at other supercharger sites. Second there were parking surface issues that needed to be addressed such as leveling the surface from the existing lot to the supercharger installation and lining off the parking spaces. Finally some of the actual supercharger end plugs were not correct on some of the stalls. When I asked him when he expected the site to be operational he indicated hopefully by this weekend but almost certainly by next weekend. My suspicion is that the latter of these estimates is closer to correct. With respect to the site's current functionality I suspect that he charged his car at the site as he was driving a gray MS 60 and had come down from the Marietta SC. It is at least 100 miles from the SC to the supercharger site and I don't know how a 60 could make the round trip unless he drove really slow. Hope this helps

I spoke with a Tesla guy from the corporate HQ in California at the supercharger site in Macon today about 4 pm. He indicated he was in charge of inspecting the site prior to it becoming available for use. He said that the site was functional and had passed all local inspections but required a few tweaks before it would meet Tesla's higher standards. First it would require that wooden fence around the support devices (transformers ect.) that I've seen at other supercharger sites. Second there were parking surface issues that needed to be addressed such as leveling the surface from the existing lot to the supercharger installation and lining off the parking spaces. Finally some of the actual supercharger end plugs were not correct on some of the stalls. When I asked him when he expected the site to be operational he indicated hopefully by this weekend but almost certainly by next weekend. My suspicion is that the latter of these estimates is closer to correct. With respect to the site's current functionality I suspect that he charged his car at the site as he was driving a gray MS 60 and had come down from the Marietta SC. It is at least 100 miles from the SC to the supercharger site and I don't know how a 60 could make the round trip unless he drove really slow. Hope this helps

Thanks a bunch. I'm head that way this morning. I'm going to take my chances and go through Macon. Taking I-75 is only 10 miles longer than the I-20 and backroads route I normally take from Lithonia to Statesboro. If they are operational, I'd like to benefit by not having such a long charge time once I arrive in Stateboro. I'll report on whether or not they are operational and take more pictures.

Thanks a bunch. I'm head that way this morning. I'm going to take my chances and go through Macon. Taking I-75 is only 10 miles longer than the I-20 and backroads route I normally take from Lithonia to Statesboro. If they are operational, I'd like to benefit by not having such a long charge time once I arrive in Stateboro. I'll report on whether or not they are operational and take more pictures.

Thanks for checking it out.

Not sure why they're having to make so many cosmetic changes after the fact. I would have figured that hiding the transformers would have been in the original plans and that this was a veteran crew. Oh well.

Thanks for checking it out.

Not sure why they're having to make so many cosmetic changes after the fact. I would have figured that hiding the transformers would have been in the original plans and that this was a veteran crew. Oh well.

My guess is they get a different contractor for fencing. It is probably cheaper that way. Not to mention they can get the land owner to have some input to hide the stuff now that it is installed.

I called the Service Center in Marrietta this morning. They told me that the SC was not live yet. In the interest of time (mostly because I overslept), I decided to go the I-20 route to Statesboro this morning. I'm going to try to go back through Macon. That decision might get overruled, but I'll give it my best shot.