Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McDermitt, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was posted to the Idaho Tesla facebook group on Saturday
343560594_252935697295421_954097940720949785_n.jpg

Looks like 8 stalls on the PSU and then 2 stand-alone prefab bases have been installed. Guessing they will put 1 on each end at 90 degrees to the PSU to make them pull in stalls for towing. Also looks like the switchgear cabinet is just there on a pallet in the middle of the field as opposed to being installed and will be moved to the area with all the conduit stubs.

Looks like 8 stalls on the PSU and then 2 stand-alone prefab bases have been installed. Guessing they will put 1 on each end at 90 degrees to the PSU to make them pull in stalls for towing. Also looks like the switchgear cabinet is just there on a pallet in the middle of the field as opposed to being installed and will be moved to the area with all the conduit stubs.

Well—I guess it will be my NEMA 14-50 Mobile Connector at the RV park then!

If your vehicle is CCS-compatible, you might consider buying or borrowing a CCS adapter - there's a 50 kW CCS charger in operation where they're building the supercharger (Quinn River Market | PlugShare) - not as fast as a supercharger, but it's a lot faster than a 14-50!

If your vehicle is CCS-compatible, you might consider buying or borrowing a CCS adapter - there's a 50 kW CCS charger in operation where they're building the supercharger (Quinn River Market | PlugShare) - not as fast as a supercharger, but it's a lot faster than a 14-50!
Yeah, I saw that when we passed through. I don’t own a CCS adapter. Maybe I’ll buy one before our trip this month. Will see how much it costs.

Reactions: jsight
I don’t own a CCS adapter. Maybe I’ll buy one before our trip this month. Will see how much it costs.
It's $175, which I think I would go for over the frustration of slow charging.

Hopefully, it will be up-and-running by May 24th! (Grannie’s funeral is May 25th in CA.)
But even without that CCS adapter, if your destination is eventually through Reno and then to California, then I was thinking a different all Supercharger route is what I would do. You can go West to Burns (Hines) Oregon and then down through Alturas, CA.

It's $175, which I think I would go for over the frustration of slow charging.

But even without that CCS adapter, if your destination is eventually through Reno and then to California, then I was thinking a different all Supercharger route is what I would do. You can go West to Burns (Hines) Oregon and then down through Alturas, CA.
Just bought the CCS adapter. I’ll see which PlugShare charger is faster (McDermitt or Oravada) and will stop there instead of the RV park. Could save me 30-45min.