Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McDermitt, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t look like much (if any) progress has been done at SC Quinn River Merc (McDermitt, NV) since the last posted pics. Take a look…

Attachments

• ADBBCBD6-3D62-46B8-8D3B-18512DFF2027.jpeg
    ADBBCBD6-3D62-46B8-8D3B-18512DFF2027.jpeg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 608
  • 31ABD18B-0324-49D4-B674-DC8F092D3BBE.jpeg
    31ABD18B-0324-49D4-B674-DC8F092D3BBE.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 141
  • D10C03D6-F96F-41E2-A206-CB3131A8EA05.jpeg
    D10C03D6-F96F-41E2-A206-CB3131A8EA05.jpeg
    590.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 35718A4A-DD53-49E8-A066-9E2451EE8B3F.jpeg
    35718A4A-DD53-49E8-A066-9E2451EE8B3F.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 138
Doesn’t look like much (if any) progress has been done at SC Quinn River Merc (McDermitt, NV) since the last posted pics. Take a look…
My first experience charging using Shell Recharge. The physical charger screen showed that the CCS for Charger #1 was “available”, but the Shell Recharge app showed that it was “unavailable”. Had difficulty getting the CCS adapter and charging handle unplugged from my Model Y. Even pressed “unlock charging port” without success. Almost had to uncover the my physical release dongle when it finally unlocked for me.

My first experience charging using Shell Recharge. The physical charger screen showed that the CCS for Charger #1 was “available”, but the Shell Recharge app showed that it was “unavailable”. Had difficulty getting the CCS adapter and charging handle unplugged from my Model Y. Even pressed “unlock charging port” without success. Almost had to uncover the my physical release dongle when it finally unlocked for me.
Thanks for the photos and the report back. Curious what you got the the charger too and how long you stayed and how much you charged to.

Reactions: THEbuz
Thanks for the photos and the report back. Curious what you got the the charger too and how long you stayed and how much you charged to.
This was after using the CCS charging handle that didn’t work with a $0.00 “charge”. Of course, it was nice of those two girls to pull up in a Hynudai compact ICE next to me and take up the #2 parking spot. I was able to move my Model Y over enough in my very large parking spot in order to get that #2 CCS charging handle to reach. I was shocked at how quickly it charged! (Pun intended.)

Attachments

• 98254BA7-D80C-48BE-A91E-FF88DE1B9322.jpeg
    98254BA7-D80C-48BE-A91E-FF88DE1B9322.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 143
Of course, it was nice of those two girls to pull up in a Hynudai compact ICE next to me and take up the #2 parking spot.
Wow. This place has a giant dirt lot full of nothing for anyone to park with plenty of room, and there are never many cars there. For someone to pick one of those two parking places in front of that charging station is nothing but malice.

Wow. This place has a giant dirt lot full of nothing for anyone to park with plenty of room, and there are never many cars there. For someone to pick one of those two parking places in front of that charging station is nothing but malice.
I don’t disagree. However, it was actually quite busy at noon on 05/24. Lots of semis parked on the dirt lot and even one ICE auto whose owner let her dog out to tinkle. 🐕

I thought about confronting them, but I decided to let it go. After discovering that the #1 CCS charging handle didn’t work, I wished I had confronted them since I had to use the charge handle to which their parking spot was assigned. 🅿️

I guess there is that factor, that they saw you had access to a charging space, so maybe they assumed you were fine. They don't know the flip of a coin level of reliability of whether any particular charging stall will actually work or not. (That still could screw over a second EV that pulls up needing to use the other space, though, so still inconsiderate.)

This was after using the CCS charging handle that didn’t work with a $0.00 “charge”. Of course, it was nice of those two girls to pull up in a Hynudai compact ICE next to me and take up the #2 parking spot. I was able to move my Model Y over enough in my very large parking spot in order to get that #2 CCS charging handle to reach. I was shocked at how quickly it charged! (Pun intended.)
One more question, did you setup your account before the trip or can you just pay at the station? I was thinking of creating an account before, but if I can just pay at the pump I'd rather do that. Cheers!

40kw! Could be L2 5kw.

I guess there is that factor, that they saw you had access to a charging space, so maybe they assumed you were fine. They don't know the flip of a coin level of reliability of whether any particular charging stall will actually work or not. (That still could screw over a second EV that pulls up needing to use the other space, though, so still inconsiderate.)
My thought was the latter. They were young and it seemed like they just didn’t care.

One more question, did you setup your account before the trip or can you just pay at the station? I was thinking of creating an account before, but if I can just pay at the pump I'd rather do that. Cheers!
I neglected to take a photo of the kiosk screen, but each charger stall has a touchscreen that seems to allow users to pay via CC. However, I could not get it to accept my CC for some reason.

I had already registered with Shell Recharge and (amazingly) had working (though meager) cell service, so I launched the app and was able to do everything from the app, including pay.

(Obviously, this requires a CCS adapter AND your TESLA must be enabled for CCS charging. There is also CHAdeMO.)