Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mercedes, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a great big super surprise!

However, I live quite near the McAllen SC and go by it almost daily. The app show it as “Full” frequently. And that surprises me. Very few people travel through McAllen on the way to somewhere else. To have an “end of the line” SC full is puzzling. But, nonetheless, it is full often. It will be interesting to see if Mercedes takes some of the load off.

I’ve always wondered what these 8 stalls may become. I figured maybe an EA station. All the conduits and concrete pad for transformer and chargers is already there. I frequent this Chick-fil-A. I’ll take a photo and up load what’s been in place for quite sometime.

Reactions: Cigar Man
IMG_6628.jpegIMG_6629.jpegIMG_6630.jpegIMG_6631.jpeg
This was installed months ago. Doesn’t look like the standard Tesla install. I don’t think they would put in back parking lot due to it being the semi truck pumps and staging/rest areas for them. Just be nice to have another option with charging. I’d most likely never use. I’ve used the Harlingen one maybe 5 times while waiting for food.

A very unusual layout - long and narrow. The Chick-Fil-A parking lot is the largest parking area, but it is an "S" configuration likely to allow for more drive-through sales. So there is really not much good area to put charging stations in.

The most likely location is on the corner by the Shell sign, but those are close to the front door of the convenience store/Wendy's - possible higher parking demand there. The transformer is right there so that is a plus.

In the back there is a truck stop area which is wide open but it seems an unlikely place to put charging stations.

Easy access off Interstate 2 Westbound near Mercedes Outlet Mall, between Harlingen and Weslaco.

Reactions: PStewart
Usually the transformer does not show up until the fence is removed. But it looks like there is a big transformer at the back. That transformer was there before construction started. I didn’t notice another transformer pad during construction. Confusing.

Last edited:
Went by today.
Tesla Supercharger Mercedes Jan 9 24 02.jpg

As you can see, the meter is installed. (The transformer was there before the permit was even granted.) The stalls are striped, though as yet, there is nothing to keep cars from backing into the chargers.

As Get-Atty posted above, it is a split site. The main site is where the transformer is located and has eight stalls. Another four are along the exit from the Wendy's drive through.

Tesla Supercharger Mercedes Jan 9 24 04.jpg

Anybody have any idea why the site isn't open yet? The meter has been installed for the transformer (which even has a sign saying "Tesla Charging Station). The numbers on the meter appear to read 00006.

Tesla Supercharger Mercedes Jan 9 24 01.jpg

Tesla Supercharger Mercedes Jan 9 24 03.jpg

Went by today. View attachment 1007543

As you can see, the meter is installed. (The transformer was there before the permit was even granted.) The stalls are striped, though as yet, there is nothing to keep cars from backing into the chargers.

As Get-Atty posted above, it is a split site. The main site is where the transformer is located and has eight stalls. Another four are along the exit from the Wendy's drive through.

View attachment 1007545

Anybody have any idea why the site isn't open yet? The meter has been installed for the transformer (which even has a sign saying "Tesla Charging Station). The numbers on the meter appear to read 00006.

View attachment 1007546

View attachment 1007547
Everything looks completed. All necessary transformer parts look good. Just need the fence down. Unless the detached part still needs something.