Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mesa, AZ - S Signal Butte Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding plans here in case Marco's X account gets taken down again.

Attachments

• 1704291821433.png
    1704291821433.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • 1704291838434.png
    1704291838434.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: Tyl
When I bought my first Tesla 7 years ago the company made it clear that it was focused on providing charging across the country so people could travel anywhere. That goal makes as much sense today as seven years ago, doesn’t it?

Instead of drawing blank boxes around sections of a metro area rapidly adding Superchargers I would wonder why huge chunks of the state including the White Mountain communities still have zero Superchargers. If even four or five of the two dozen metro Phoenix Superchargers had been placed in “blank box” rural areas of the state, we could drive anywhere.

As it is I guess I am lucky that I no longer ski or have a rural home/cabin in the White Mountains or else I probably would replace one of our Teslas with a gas powered vehicle. And yes, I realize there are other ways to charge but nothing that comes close to Superchargers and anytime someone asks why I recently bought another Tesla without considering any other brand, that’s the reason. (My daughter who doesn’t own an EV recently rented a Chevy EV in the heavily populated West Palm Beach area and quickly returned it the next day when she found out what a hassle it was to charge. I do realize Tesla will allow other brands to access Superchargers, but that will be in “two weeks” Tesla Time.)

Last edited:
When I bought my first Tesla 7 years ago the company made it clear that it was focused on providing charging across the country so people could travel anywhere. That goal makes as much sense today as seven years ago, doesn’t it?

Instead of drawing blank boxes around sections of a metro area rapidly adding Superchargers I would wonder why huge chunks of the state including the White Mountain communities still have zero Superchargers. If even four or five of the two dozen metro Phoenix Superchargers had been placed in “blank box” rural areas of the state, we could drive anywhere.

As it is I guess I am lucky that I no longer ski or have a rural home/cabin in the White Mountains or else I probably would replace one of our Teslas with a gas powered vehicle. And yes, I realize there are other ways to charge but nothing that comes close to Superchargers and anytime someone asks why I recently bought another Tesla without considering any other brand, that’s the reason. (My daughter who doesn’t own an EV recently rented a Chevy EV in the heavily populated West Palm Beach area and quickly returned it the next day when she found out what a hassle it was to charge. I do realize Tesla will allow other brands to access Superchargers, but that will be in “two weeks” Tesla Time.)
If you had a rural home in the White Mountains, you could install a 240 V outlet. But for people taking a trip there without their own cabin, then yes, it would be a no-go. Same thoughts on the National Parks - now that the Tesla plug is a standard, I don't see why every National Park doesn't have a SC location.

A year ago, the SE valley was void of SCs. I think the IRA bill is awarding many of these sites to Tesla because they are the low bidder on new charging stations. I think that is why they are popping up like weeds lately. I hope this trend continues.

Reactions: iCAR
I'm curious. Are there any Phoenicians who can explain...

View attachment 1005422
All of the new sites and the existing ones are within a few miles. Anyone living in this area has easy access to them or should be using a home charger, which is always cheaper. There are rural areas in AZ that are not served yet that need them more - Globe, Pinetop, Kayanta, etc……

Reactions: azred and Big Ike
I'm curious. Are there any Phoenicians who can explain...

View attachment 1005422
I grew up here. My guess is the western half of the area you outlined doesn't have many Teslas as it is full of industrial space, apartments and much older neighborhoods with smaller homes serving a more economically challenged individual/family. The eastern half can all afford to have chargers in their homes.

Also, the north leg of the 202 is not as much a cross country corridor as the 60.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I grew up here. My guess is the western half of the area you outlined doesn't have many Teslas as it is full of industrial space, apartments and much older neighborhoods with smaller homes serving a more economically challenged individual/family. The eastern half can all afford to have chargers in their homes.

Also, the north leg of the 202 is not as much a cross country corridor as the 60.

Thank you. So it's a case of being on the wrong side of the tracksUS-60.

• Funny
Reactions: Big Ike

Agreed, I general…
I think our point is that Tesla keeps putting new “local” superchargers with a few miles of existing sites, instead of spreading out the coverage a little better.

Wow, this is oh so close, but the wrong direction for me. Well, except when I'm shopping at the Sprouts. I guess if I need it in a pinch coming from either one of my kid's houses, I could swing by, I live up on the far north end of Signal butte, but I commute to Scottsdale and could use one somewhere off the Red Mountain side of the 202.

Superchargers may go here.?

8 parking spots are here ….photos… 90° from this is where 4 more may go. This location to be a 12 stall supercharging location. Check plan picture.

Overhead lighting is already in place.

Interesting::: Along Signal Butte, in front Sprouts etc. are several transformer pads. I think they were pre planned for future growth (stores and such). It would be a long conduit run.

Attachments

• IMG_6730.png
    IMG_6730.png
    757.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6729.jpeg
    IMG_6729.jpeg
    746.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6722.jpeg
    IMG_6722.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6723.jpeg
    IMG_6723.jpeg