Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scottsdale, AZ - 7366 E Shea Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to jake18oly on the supercharge.info forum - Supercharger Permit - Scottsdale, AZ

Not 100% certain of the number of stalls yet.

Also not to be confused with the existing site at 8740 E Shea Blvd!

1689742366795.png

/Honestly it’s enough with Scottsdale already. They don’t even use the ones they have and meanwhile the rest of the valley SC are packed.

Current activity mid-day on a Monday:

Phoenix East Mayo: 11/20 in use (55%)
Scottsdale North Kierland: 2/8 in use (25%)
Scottsdale N Scottsdale Rd: 6/16 in use (37.5%)
Scottsdale East Shea: 12/16 in use (75%)
Phoenix East Camelback: 9/15 in use, 1 out of order (66%)
Tempe: 13/14 in use, 1 out of order, <5 minute wait (100%)
Mesa: 11/12 in use, 1 out of order, ~10 minute wait (100%)
Chandler: 5/12 in use (42%)

Total for the above: 61% utilization

Just Scottsdale: 50% utilization

I'd imagine that busier travel times will result in higher utilization than we're seeing here. Keep in mind Tesla is also building for non-Teslas. I believe that non-Teslas will only have access to V3 sites, of which there is currently only one in Scottsdale, as N. Scottsdale Rd and N. Kierland Blvd are both 72 kW Urban Superchargers.

Reactions: tmoz and JSergeant
Honestly it’s enough with Scottsdale already. They don’t even use the ones they have and meanwhile the rest of the valley SC are packed.
You’re aware of the other permits in the valley correct? I agree other sites should‘ve been prioritized but nonetheless more are in the works. Not to mention 2 sites existing sites are 72kw.

Reactions: Hebert
You’re aware of the other permits in the valley correct? I agree other sites should‘ve been prioritized but nonetheless more are in the works. Not to mention 2 sites existing sites are 72kw.
I am yeah. For those that don't know about it, check out this map.

I guess my response was just a knee-jerk reaction to seeing another Scottsdale location go up while the SE Valley is pretty under-served (IMO).

Flagstaff to Blanding is still ~250 miles, even the long range cars have to watch their range.
So Tuba City or Kayenta - either would work.
A couple of modest SCs in Globe and Pinetop would shut us whiners up, A quick search shows 4 L2 chargers in Globe and nada in Pinetop.
Come-on already...

PS the Mesa SC and the AZ mills SC are full quite often. Now the 101 and Ray SC has gotten noticed and wait times are appearing.
One can only hope that the extra suburban SC will help with the wait times.
So many SCs to build, so little time.

Flagstaff to Blanding is still ~250 miles, even the long range cars have to watch their range.
A couple of modest SCs in Globe and Pinetop would shut us whiners up, A quick search shows 4 L2 chargers in Globe and nada in Pinetop.
Come-on already...

PS the Mesa SC and the AZ mills SC are full quite often. Now the 101 and Ray SC has gotten noticed and wait times are appearing.
Currently AZ Mills Mall, Mesa, and the new Chandler SC all have waits ranging form 5-15 minutes. SE valley could use one or two. Maybe near San Tan Mall area, or maybe near the 60/202 SuperRedTan interchange.

Come-on already...

Heads up that the Tesla supercharger map lists Globe, AZ as a 2024 supercharger site. Take that Tesla timeframe with a grain of salt. Certainly would like to see a station in Kayenta. Probably too much to ask for a station near Ganado to make visits to Canyon de Chelly and Window Rock a little simpler.

Reactions: hobapolis and Tyl
Currently AZ Mills Mall, Mesa, and the new Chandler SC all have waits ranging form 5-15 minutes. SE valley could use one or two. Maybe near San Tan Mall area, or maybe near the 60/202 SuperRedTan interchange.
I have been talking about both San Tan mall and 60/202 on various TMC forums for 3 years… Clearly Tesla ain’t listening! :(
If they built 12 stalls at both locations right now, they would immediately be full most days.