Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milpitas, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2018, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Literally I saw it 10 mins ago. Final inspections passed yesterday.

Attachments

• 5B358068-3EB7-4B09-B221-0A4343674FD4.jpeg
    5B358068-3EB7-4B09-B221-0A4343674FD4.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and mociaf9
Stopped by today, they are online, but the Tesla map shows they are 72KW, not 120KW. I plugged in with SOC of 65% and I only got 45KW.

That's curious, because they're clearly not urban chargers.

As for your charging speed, you are aware right that your car will charge slower as the battery fills up? On my S85D, if I was drawing 45kW at 65% SOC, I'd consider that normal, or close to normal.

Bruce.

Stopped by today, they are online, but the Tesla map shows they are 72KW, not 120KW. I plugged in with SOC of 65% and I only got 45KW.
Went by this evening, Same here 45KW. Earlier in the day this location was nearly full, but by the time we got there however it less than half full, but many patrons of the hotels were seen speeding through the narrow parking lot, and almost got tapped by a model x backing into the stall next to us. Had to use the horn to prevent damage to my Evie. Won't be on my favorites list.

I just looked at the map in the car and the Milpitas supercharger is no longer listed. Perhaps there is a problem.

Looking at the location, the natural way to get to the supercharger off of Calaveras Blvd. which then takes you right by the main entry to the hotel. I doubt the hotel had thought about the increased traffic. Putting the superchargers on the other side of the hotel would have been better IMHO. Perhaps not possible or more expensive for some reason.

Another interesring thing. When I called Tesla to report a problem with the Supercharger in Milpitas, California, the person on the other end of the phone said, "Is this at the Great Mall?"

To which I replied, "No, at the Embassy Suites on Calaveras Boulevard."

To the best of my knowledge, there is no Supercharger existing or planned at the Great Mall (especially since we drove all around that place 30 minutes later). So either the person I spoke to was mistaken or confused, or...???...

Bruce.

Last edited:
Reactions: philgrocks
Another interesring thing. When called Tesla to report a problem with the Supercharger in Milpitas, California, the person on the other end of the phone said, "Is this at the Great Mall?"

To the best of my knowledge, there is no Supercharger existing or planned at the Great Mall (especially since we drove all around that place 30 minutes later). So either the person I spoke to was mistaken or confused, or...???...

Bruce.
Would make sense at the great mall for all the 680 commuters

Another interesring thing. When I called Tesla to report a problem with the Supercharger in Milpitas, California, the person on the other end of the phone said, "Is this at the Great Mall?"

Bruce.

Did you check the parking structure? I haven't been to the Great Mall in a few years, so I assume the parking structure is still there.

Did you check the parking structure? I haven't been to the Great Mall in a few years, so I assume the parking structure is still there.

Hmmm...parking structure? I don't remember one being there. I can say we circled the entire perimeter of the Great Mall (not to look for a Supercharger but just in the course of arriving, finding parking, and leaving) and I didn't see anything that remotely resembled a Supercharger under construction.

Anyway if there's any more solid evidence for a Supercharger at the Great Mall, it probably deserves its own thread.

It's also completely possible that the guy I talked to was confused somehow, and this all means nothing. :rolleyes:

Bruce.

Went by this evening, Same here 45KW. Earlier in the day this location was nearly full, but by the time we got there however it less than half full, but many patrons of the hotels were seen speeding through the narrow parking lot, and almost got tapped by a model x backing into the stall next to us. Had to use the horn to prevent damage to my Evie. Won't be on my favorites list.
That's why I thought they'd put the main row of plugs one more row out on the row where the two plugs are.

Hmmm...parking structure? I don't remember one being there. I can say we circled the entire perimeter of the Great Mall (not to look for a Supercharger but just in the course of arriving, finding parking, and leaving) and I didn't see anything that remotely resembled a Supercharger under construction.
The parking structure is on the back (east) side of the Mall. There is already a pair of EVGo DC chargers there (Chademo/CCS/J1772).

Charging here now. Started 40% SoC. Maxing at 70kW but it took a while to get there.

I'm on a standalone pair, i.e., I'm on 4B and no one is on 4A. Seems lower than I've had in the past but then again, this is the first time I've charged after work. Meaning normally I stop to charge after a lengthy drive. The difference here is that the car sat all day so maybe the battery has to warm first?

Model S, 75D, AP2.5

Last edited: