Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milpitas, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2018, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had both fast and medium charging experiences here in non-sharing situations. The slow times I can attribute to a cold battery. No one really knows for sure I suppose, but when I've driven here and charged after a 30 mile drive, I can easily get up to 92 or 93kW. When my car sits all day at work, and then I drive here to charge before going home (1 mile and cold battery), I tend to get slower 50 to 60kW charging speeds.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
I've had both fast and medium charging experiences here in non-sharing situations. The slow times I can attribute to a cold battery. No one really knows for sure I suppose, but when I've driven here and charged after a 30 mile drive, I can easily get up to 92 or 93kW. When my car sits all day at work, and then I drive here to charge before going home (1 mile and cold battery), I tend to get slower 50 to 60kW charging speeds.
The possible benefit of this phenomenon is that it might "train" locals to charge before work, rather than after work, which is when the superchargers tend to be most busy. I'm personally not a morning person and I'm not a local supercharger user, but if even a few regulars switched to charging in the morning, it would alleviate some of the supercharger crowding.

• Helpful
Reactions: ChrisJ and Ulmo
When do say surge pricing, do you mean when they charge higher between the hours of 4-9PM at certain locations? I don't think so as the locations on the map only show one price and not multiple. The one at Coleman is still 24 cents off peak vs 38 cents peak.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Looks like rates were raised across the board recently in this area (and possibly across the country). Now it costs a whopping 36 cents per kwh to charge.
The one on Calaveras Blvd shows $.35 on my map. The one at the Great Mall $.36. Most others in the area also show $.35 or .36. So yes, there seems to have been a price increase. The one at the Fremont factory is the only one around here that still shows $.32.