Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mississauga, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think one of the chargers has an issue... maybe broken. I think it is 4A. On Sunday was there about 4:30pm and a owner plugged into 4A and his charger light was orange, then went red. He unplugged and tried to plugg in again. Just went red. He moved to another stall and plugged in. The light went green right away and started charging no problems. Albeit slow at 52kW.

So, Tesla may have to come and check that one plug out, just in-case.

For anyone traveling today on the roads on their way home tonight, take care and be safe.

5ADEF53F-8F11-45F0-B927-32B54D4926C5.jpeg
Stopped by tonight for a top-up. Four spots were ICE’d by 3 vehicles (2 pick-up trucks and a car). In addition, the two stations at the North end of the Supercharger are blocked by a pile of snow. Apparently the plow drivers cleaning the lot don’t care about EV charging either...there was room for the snow further away from the chargers, they just didn't bother to put it there.

After sitting there for about 30 minutes, I'm wondering if this was the best spot in this area to put the Supercharger? There's a constant flow of traffic coming into the Buffalo Wild Wing to get take-out orders, many who park in the reserved spots because they're close to the door. I suspect you will see a lot of ICE'ing at this location, especially in the evenings, by people who are eating there and DGAF about the spots being reserved.

Anyhoo...

Last edited:
I have a question for the member called "Mr.Plugshare." I,m not sure if you have anything to do with the Plugshare website (thinking maybe you do); but I was just planninf a route and was looking at charger locations - destination chargers, etc. I noticed that there still is not a mark for the mississauga supercharger that this thread is about. Plugshare still does not have it located on their website as a supercharger site. Just an observation.

Maybe there was already discussion on this as to why and I may have missed it.

I have a question for the member called "Mr.Plugshare." I,m not sure if you have anything to do with the Plugshare website (thinking maybe you do); but I was just planninf a route and was looking at charger locations - destination chargers, etc. I noticed that there still is not a mark for the mississauga supercharger that this thread is about. Plugshare still does not have it located on their website as a supercharger site. Just an observation.

Maybe there was already discussion on this as to why and I may have missed it.

Tesla's map still doesn't show Mississauga as being live either, which means that the updated status still hasn't worked it's way through Tesla's Supercharger bureaucracy yet. One of the steps of which is to notify Plugshare.com's editors that a supercharger site is live. At Tesla's request, Plugshare doesn't let the public list superchargers, in order to prevent them from being listed before the power is actually on. If someone attempts to do so, Plugshare will remove it. They wait until they are formally notified by Tesla and then the site editors add the location.

Tesla's map still doesn't show Mississauga as being live either, which means that the updated status still hasn't worked it's way through Tesla's Supercharger bureaucracy yet. One of the steps of which is to notify Plugshare.com's editors that a supercharger site is live. At Tesla's request, Plugshare doesn't let the public list superchargers, in order to prevent them from being listed before the power is actually on. If someone attempts to do so, Plugshare will remove it. They wait until they are formally notified by Tesla and then the site editors add the location.
Seriously @Sisko - DS9 I can’t add anything to that description because it is a perfect one. Otherwise, yes I do have a sort lead with PlugShare in total charging stations added with 2800 and counting. I’m no mod, but I have contacted some of them to get these details. Actually, might I add? If PlugShare does see the location and there are photos included, they will turn it into a restricted wall charger, which is why you might want to keep those filters open.

The member called "Mr.Plugshare" has nothing to do with the Plugshare web site. This member just posts for the sake of posting.
Fine, I do troll a bit. Still, I try to post for the sake of finding new chargers. Although a charger might not be where I am located, I try to contribute it to help others who might be stuck with low range. Note that I also try find some Superchargers to chat about like Tremblant and Surrey, the last one I have never used and probably won’t unless I drive the Tesla to Vancouver, which I won’t in the foreseeable future. Others, like Vancouver, North York, and Yamachiche for example, I have posted a unique thread (true, I like to be the first).

Right now, I’m trying to get a partial moderator status from the others to universally edit things that aren’t right on said locations. Look, I’m no mod, but I take credit for what I’ve contributed to the site, so I like to use the name I have. Maybe when I’m dethroned, then I’ll change my username. Ok with you?

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I do not mean to re-hash this but i find it pretty strange that this supercharger is not listed on Plugshare and not listed on Tesla's on sight which shows the Canada's superchargers...

Visit a Store | Tesla Canada

I guess maybe this Tesla map does not get updates.
The Mashpee, Massachusetts supercharger that recently opened went live on on January 17th and didn't show up as open either in the car or on Tesla's website map until last week (February 5th then 7th, respectively). So, the delay in listing Mississaugua isn't yet outside of recent experience from other locations, though it is at the longer end of the curve. Since it just started showing up in the car (as evidenced by Mr. Plugshare's post just above yours) it should get fixed on the Tesla website map in another day or two (assuming past experience holds true for this location as well). And then plugshare will get updated with the listing tout de suite.

I do not mean to re-hash this but i find it pretty strange that this supercharger is not listed on Plugshare and not listed on Tesla's on sight which shows the Canada's superchargers.

PlugShare updates Tesla Superchargers themselves (i.e. members cannot create them) based on them being on Tesla's map. It shows up in the car, but not on Tesla's site yet but I expect that as soon as it does, so it will on PlugShare.

I do not mean to re-hash this but i find it pretty strange that this supercharger is not listed on Plugshare and not listed on Tesla's on sight which shows the Canada's superchargers...

Visit a Store | Tesla Canada

I guess maybe this Tesla map does not get updates.
It is now, finally, showing up as open on Tesla's web map. Interestingly, it is listed as "Mississauga, ON - Meadowvale Supercharger". And the Meadowvale Village pin is gone while the grey pin over Mississauga remains. So much for debates about the naming vs. strict boundary lines of neighborhoods, etc.

Mississauga open.JPG