Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a standard 15 Amp outlet, drawing 12 Amps at 120 Volts, all I get is 75 Amps per 24 hour day. A 20 Amp outlet drawing 16 Amps is probably more like 100 miles per day.
You meant 75 miles, correct? I normally use 110v @ 20 amp to charge since our Tesla is our long distance vehicle and we don't drive it every day. It is a solid 5 mph, so 120 miles every 24 hours.

You meant 75 miles, correct? I normally use 110v @ 20 amp to charge since our Tesla is our long distance vehicle and we don't drive it every day. It is a solid 5 mph, so 120 miles every 24 hours.

For anyone wondering, to achieve 5 mph you need the NEMA 5-20 adapter. Best accessory I've gotten for my Model S and only $45!

Tesla Gear Shop NEMA 5-20

Many hotels have 5-20 external outlets. I have charged at three locations with the 5-20 adapter and it makes a huge difference.

Thanks all for the help. I wasn't aware of EVtripplanner. Great tool!!! Looks like I will need a private charge and a member has offered one. I will check into the 110 at the hotel though. I figure i will need 180 miles or so to safely make it back to Mobile. I estimate I will arrive in N.O. with somewhere near 100 miles left in the 'tank' if I fill up in Mobile, so 80 miles of charge should do it. If I can plug into a hotel outlet, I can get that in a day or so. Thanks again.

I've driven from Raleigh, NC to NOLA four times in the last two years with my P85. Look on PlugShare. There are at least 13 level two chargers in the greater New Orleans area. Plus the ChaDeMo at Rouses. Remember almost all RV parks have 14-50 (50amp) outlets, as do welding shops. When you go, ask your favorite hotel to inquire about Tesla's Destination Charger Program.

I am proud to report the high voltage conduit bore went well and the transformer pad had been poured. Station switch gear and charger cabinets have been installed. The out side wood fence was about 1/2 finished. Boss man said that alabama power was going to set transformer Monday. I plan to check back Monday.

I am proud to report the high voltage conduit bore went well and the transformer pad had been poured. Station switch gear and charger cabinets have been installed. The out side wood fence was about 1/2 finished. Boss man said that alabama power was going to set transformer Monday. I plan to check back Monday.
Ed, Thanks for the update! This one is really moving along!

Ed, that is fantastic news!!! Thank you so very much for going by, checking on the status and letting all of us know the results!!!

Have a safe and happy Easter!!

Awesome! I drive through from Atlanta to New Orleans tomorrow, so will need to make a stop at Mr. Benson's hpwc... but it sounds like there is a real (although small) chance that the SC might be up and running by the time I leave New Orleans on Wednesday. That would be great as it would cut a few hours off my travel time.

I went by today (Saturday) and they were working. As stated earlier, power on Monday and complete later in the week. You exit off of I65 onto Airport Blvd east and then take a right at Bel Air Blvd. It is then down on the right next to the street. Very easy access and the location is such that it shouldn't get ICE'd. If you enter the mall, my sister says there are places to eat just inside but I didn't check. I sure wish photo uploads worked from iOS but I couldn't get out of the upload dialog box. I transferred the pics to my laptop so here are the latest photos. I know this isn't much of an update from earlier posts but it does show continued work.

IMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4681.JPG
IMG_4678.JPG

Just a miscellaneous observation. Earlier it appeared to be 6 one way 2 the other, and then Ed mentioned it was 7 and 1. Now it is clear that it will be 7 one direction and one the other. I'm guessing that this is setup so that there is more of an opportunity for Model X with trailer to charge without blocking other supercharger stalls? Otherwise it would probably have been setup like some other superchargers with even split of 4 one way and 4 the other to save trenching/conduit/cabling/concrete/time etc...

This is how I see the parking/charging setup based on the photos (credit to SR22pilot who's photo I butchered) and the fact these are back in spots with the charge port on the left (driver's) side of the Model S.

IMG_4681.JPG

Of course with parking on both sides there is some flexibility if spots get ICEd...