Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. I think he was saying that his son drove through today, not drove through and then did the film shoot today, so that would be today... that sounds so confusing but makes sense inside my head...

2. Looks like there are 4 spots for the charging stacks, so that would imply 8 stalls, unless they were laying extra conduit for later expansion which they sometimes do. Probably not, 8 stalls seems to be the default for main routes now.

Thanks, I do see the word "today" now...totally missed it before. And thanks for confirming 8 stalls! Here's pulling for good weather in Mobile for a while!!! :rolleyes:

1. I think he was saying that his son drove through today, not drove through and then did the film shoot today, so that would be today... that sounds so confusing but makes sense inside my head...

2. Looks like there are 4 spots for the charging stacks, so that would imply 8 stalls, unless they were laying extra conduit for later expansion which they sometimes do. Probably not, 8 stalls seems to be the default for main routes now.

I'm guessing 6 stalls just based on the other surrounding locations (6 at Lake Charles, 6 at Baton Rouge, 6 at Greenville, AL, etc.).

Thanks, I do see the word "today" now...totally missed it before. And thanks for confirming 8 stalls! Here's pulling for good weather in Mobile for a while!!! :rolleyes:

Not that it matters that much, but now I'm curious... supercharge.info does have 6 stalls listed, but I'm not sure where that info came from. The permit? I'm no electrician, but it sure looks like this will be an 8 stall from the way the conduit goes to 4 distinct points for the charging stacks. Ehh, doesn't matter, 6, 8, either are a lot more than 0!

And for anyone curios, below is a link to the Lumberton NC supercharger, which is a 4 stall with 2 stacks, but appears to have conduit run for 8 stalls.
Also please note. THE FOLLOWING LINK IS NOT THE MOBILE SUPERCHARGER! Don't want to get anyone excited yet...

http://i.imgur.com/3jSP3ig.jpg

Thought this was a really smart way to do it, to limit equipment expense until congestion occurs and then pop in the extra gear.

I went back and stared at those cool pics again and am almost certain that the conduit is set up for 8 stalls and 4 charging stacks.. Then for some reason, I wasted even more time making horrible annotations to one of the pics depicting where I believe the 4 charging stacks are to be placed and the four pairs of conduit going to the eight stalls. The green boxes of course are the charging stacks. Inside each box, the conduit pairs on the left are to the stalls, and the one on the right is power in.

2015-03-24_21-57-26.jpg

Very interesting to see how everything is laid out in this stage, and can't wait to use this Supercharger next time I go down that way.

Then for some reason, I wasted even more time making horrible annotations to one of the pics depicting where I believe the 4 charging stacks are to be placed and the four pairs of conduit going to the eight stalls. The green boxes of course are the charging stacks. Inside each box, the conduit pairs on the left are to the stalls, and the one on the right is power in.

Thanks for sharing that, awesome job...definitely helps!! Any thoughts about getting the distribution primary circuit into the transformer pad? More trenching? But to where?

My son drove through Mobile today, and the pictures are from today. He tried to capture the construction progress and the location by getting some good location backgrounds.

Many Superchargers have the Equipment Enclosure laid out for one or two spare Supercharger Cabinets. It is entirely plausible that the Mobile site is set up for 6 Charging Stalls and there is room for one spare Supercharger Cabinet.

My son drove through Mobile today, and the pictures are from today. He tried to capture the construction progress and the location by getting some good location backgrounds.

Many Superchargers have the Equipment Enclosure laid out for one or two spare Supercharger Cabinets. It is entirely plausible that the Mobile site is set up for 6 Charging Stalls and there is room for one spare Supercharger Cabinet.

Im very excited, hope to use this Supercharger on my return trip from AZ. Would love to use it on the way there but I think thats expecting too much since ill be leaving on the 30th.

Went by today and saw 7 crates marker Tesla. 3 were switch gear 4 were chargers. Counted 8 conduit risers for stalls. Worker said they planed to pour concrete Monday be done in 2 weeks. They came from OK. did not know where they were going from here.

That is fantastic news, thanks Ed!! One question, do you think they meant only their portion of the install would be complete in two weeks or that the entire station would be up and operational in two weeks?

Thanks again for dropping by and for posting the status.

I did not ask but assume that Al Power would be Johnny on the spot like Greenville & Auburn Al. I will check back in a few days.

Ed, I've never had the opportunity to meet you, but I wanted welcome you to the forum and thank you for your support to the EV community down in AL. I know your chargers have helped enable a LOT of travel through that area. I may see you in a couple weeks on my way through, if this Mobile SC isn't open by then.

Ed, I've never had the opportunity to meet you, but I wanted welcome you to the forum and thank you for your support to the EV community down in AL. I know your chargers have helped enable a LOT of travel through that area. I may see you in a couple weeks on my way through, if this Mobile SC isn't open by then.

I second this motion! I have never had the opportunity to utilize Ed's charger in Foley, AL but I know others that have and I sure do appreciate you making it available for those that need it.

Mike