Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Monument, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the forward facing charging spot is more for the M3 and MY. I had to pull my MX ALL the way in to get the cable to plug in.
20210508_164504.jpg
20210508_164512.jpg

According to the Town of Monument planning department, this Supercharger will be built at the Kum & Go (17970 Knollwood Dr).

I haven’t received much more info other than the location, but based on that I would assume 8 stalls will be the maximum we see here. Will add on Supercharge Info.
Just passed by the EZ Go and the charging station is open an I saw two Tesla there charging!

Reactions: Matsayz and rafacq
I think the forward facing charging spot is more for the M3 and MY. I had to pull my MX ALL the way in to get the cable to plug in.

Man, they really didn't think that spot through. I can see that bollard will be coming out after some complaints sent in to Tesla. Considering the MX can tow easily and that charger is for those with trailers, I think they really screwed up there.

I tried the aforementioned stall just to check it out and it’s even worse in a Model S. You have to get within <6” of the red post or rose the cable won’t reach and even then your driver door will hit the concrete base of the pedestal if you open it more than about halfway. Removing the sign would help some for those with air suspension but not much even then.

Conclusion: the red post next to the pedestal needs to be removed and the pedestal needs to be moved back at least a foot and preferable sunken into the ground by at least 6 more inches. This is no small task given how little space is available but as it is, this stall is fairly worthless.

E9E78402-EB47-4E53-94D4-14E93D9FF953.jpeg
6A59FD23-1E7D-44CC-B144-8F5D5A991059.jpeg

I tried the aforementioned stall just to check it out and it’s even worse in a Model S. You have to get within <6” of the red post or rose the cable won’t reach and even then your driver door will hit the concrete base of the pedestal if you open it more than about halfway. Removing the sign would help some for those with air suspension but not much even then.

Conclusion: the red post next to the pedestal needs to be removed and the pedestal needs to be moved back at least a foot and preferable sunken into the ground by at least 6 more inches. This is no small task given how little space is available but as it is, this stall is fairly worthless.

View attachment 665445View attachment 665446
i'll be backing in tommorrow!

Today the app is showing Monument and Craig are totally offline. Is it possible they are installing MagicDock connectors? Are there any locals who could stop by and see what maintenance is being performed?
Monument would be a surprising choice for MagicDock because it is relatively high usage. However, I've learned not to try to predict Tesla's actions based on "surprising choices." :)