Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moosic, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw a TV news story that Tesla is putting in a Supercharger at the Shoppes at Montage in Moosic, PA.
You lucky dog!
I drove up to Montage and Dickson City a couple weeks ago to scour for new supercharger builds, but I focused on the Ruby Tuesday sites. If only I would have driven across the street I would have found it.
Congratulations!

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike and madodel
You lucky dog!
I drove up to Montage and Dickson City a couple weeks ago to scour for new supercharger builds, but I focused on the Ruby Tuesday sites. If only I would have driven across the street I would have found it.
Congratulations!
My son is in college at Marywood University which is about 10 miles from where the SC is going in. Assuming he is still there (he has 2 years to go) when we finally get delivery of his Model Ξ he'll have a place to charge it if the University doesn't have any chargers by then. Pretty exciting how Tesla is really filling in Superchargers in PA finally.

Now where is the next one after this in PA? Langhorne or one more along 80? There's a Ruby Tuesday right off of US95 near US1 in Langhorne.

The story said the site should be open in two weeks, so before Christmas.
That's not a huge parking lot and with the local unfamiliarity with superchargers, I'll bet there will be some icing during holiday shopping.
Still, it might be kind of fun to have a grand opening party during the holiday season; plenty of looky loos if the weather cooperates.

Reactions: madodel and Saghost
The story said the site should be open in two weeks, so before Christmas.
That's not a huge parking lot and with the local unfamiliarity with superchargers, I'll bet there will be some icing during holiday shopping.
Still, it might be kind of fun to have a grand opening party during the holiday season; plenty of looky loos if the weather cooperates.

I'd be up for a pre-Christmas opening party.

Reactions: madodel
Moosic, PA (at general indicated location)

Interstates: I-81
US Numbered Highways (<=5 mi): US-11

I-81
To: Binghamton, NY - 68.8 miles
Diversion: 2.8 miles
To: Syracuse, NY - 142 miles

To: Newburgh, NY (I-81, I-84) - 97.5 miles

Will "complete" I-81 by reducing the maximum distance between Superchargers from 181 to 115 miles.

Interesting how Volts allegedly costing twice as much to produce as they were sold for and the government paying GM the difference out of taxpayer pockets shows up quickly in the comments on a story on Tesla installing Superchargers on their own dime.

The anti EV propaganda is apparently alive and well here. :(

Stopped by the Shoppes at Montage since I was up there paying my son's tuition. Still quite a bit of work to do. Looks like they just poured the charging station pads.

Had drive all around a little until I found it as it is on the fringe of the parking lot near the Doc's Fish Market restaurant.
IMG_2183.JPG
IMG_2185.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG
IMG_2190.JPG
IMG_2192.JPG
IMG_2196.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    624 KB · Views: 46
IMG_1368.JPG
Stopped by the Shoppes at Montage since I was up there paying my son's tuition. Still quite a bit of work to do. Looks like they just poured the charging station pads.

Had drive all around a little until I found it as it is on the fringe of the parking lot near the Doc's Fish Market restaurant.
Beat me to it again! We could have had lunch :)
But you didn't get a shot of the utility connection:)

Good - Doc Magrogan's has pretty good seafood.
Better - the chargers are not in a convenient parking spot so icing should only be an issue during peak holiday shopping.
Best - you're only 10 easy minutes drive from the heart of Old Forge and the best pizza outside of Connecticut!

Awesome, if only they had some more SC on the turnpike. Maybe just one between Philly/Harrisburg?

That would definitely be convenient. I have had pretty good luck with the Blink Network Chademo chargers - not as fast as superchargers and obviously they cost some money but you can't beat the convenience of a Pennsylvania Turnpike rest stop.

Reactions: Xenius and madodel
That would definitely be convenient. I have had pretty good luck with the Blink Network Chademo chargers - not as fast as superchargers and obviously they cost some money but you can't beat the convenience of a Pennsylvania Turnpike rest stop.

Yeah, I'm resisting buying the chademo adapter, I haven't needed it yet. My "usual" long distance trips are up/down 95 on the east coast. Will be going to NC for the first time soon, will be the longest trip yet in the S.