Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Morgan Hill, CA (LIVE 24 Oct 2019, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went for coffee this a.m. and decided to drive by the SC area only to see this:

View attachment 483119

Every EV charging spot, including ChargePoint, was blocked by Target shopping carts, except for the spots with two cars shown. I went into the store and spoke to the manager, starting off with I know Target is very supportive of EVs, and asked if he could send someone out to collect their carts. He did and they are collecting the large group of them now. Not seeing any carts in any of the corrals. Just shaking my head... EV haters are out there.

Thanks Target for the prompt retrieval of the carts!

View attachment 483129

It's possible someone was playing a prank, but someone may have also put the cars there like some chargers have cones in the spot to deter people from ICEing them. It's hard to tell, but it is easier to move a cart out of the way if you want to charge than a Ram pickup.

Despite the rain looks like people are out and charging. MH looks like a good option for many traveling this way.

4A2DF0D7-A648-4BF1-A8D8-924BBB7936B8.png

MH saved my butt on Black Friday, that's for sure. Did anyone notice that their in-car NAV said to turn LEFT on the last turn when you can clearly see the chargers are on your right? NAV was sending me over to Sees candy.

I think I saw on this thread that the address was See's Candy. The building permit was actually issued to Target and it lists their address. My guess is putting that address would have people driving up near the store and looking all around it for the chargers causing more traffic for people going into Target. At least with See's there on the corner, the SCs are hard to miss! Who knows maybe See's volunteered to use their address for Nav purposes to steer some business their way (just kidding but pretty good candy all the same).

I have noticed that early in the a.m. the chargers get used quite a bit likely by people heading to work. Today at 6:45 MH only had 8 of 14 available, Gilroy only 2 of 16 available and even San Jose/Cherry had only 9 of 24 available. Found that interesting but not surprising I guess.

Reactions: goldengate
895F65C1-3306-47C4-AB14-2777BBF54A3E.jpeg
Busy afternoon. Only 2 stalls open after we pulled in. Slow too, 44kW, although close to half charged. Lots of cars out shopping though.

BTW the two cars to the left out of the photo were white. Looks like white is the new black...until Tesla goes with a different color as standard that is. 10 white in total, probably most I’ve seen at one time, not at the factory!

Not much new at this location. The 4B unit has been out of commission for several weeks now (and reported btw).

Now there was this loaded trailer with 1 Model Y, 2 Model X, 3 Model 3s spotted tonight near the Burger King/76 station end of the lot...:D. This location has been a popular end-of-quarter “rest” stop for drivers. It’s right off 101 for trailers heading 101S or heading southbound to 5 via Gilroy/152. Lots of open space to park and grab a coffee or bathroom break and get back on the road.

F76282B5-5C23-46EA-93E3-2568E7BDEDC1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Husband was at Morgan Hill supercharger today and took these photos. This location is outside of Anderson Dam and Henry Coe State Park where the SCU Complex fires are burning. People should be aware that Hwy 101 north of here borders the current Evac map. The Dam area and homes up on the ridge of the dam area have been evacuated. Many homes that you can see to the east of Target there are under warning evac status.

Here’s the photos mentioned above. First one is looking at MH’s El Toro Mountain to the west (yes you normally can see it. Believe this smoke is from the CZU Complex fires in Santa Cruz/Big Basin area). Second photo is looking towards Anderson Dam and Henry Coe State Park where the SCU Complex fires are. Definitely want to be wearing a mask if charging and heading into Target. So far there is power in the area and people were charging earlier. If power goes out to this shopping center not sure if Tesla’s Supercharger Nav will know immediately about it.

5BD7003B-4F67-4149-97F7-2DCD04765BD3.jpeg

C3FE8FDA-8080-4322-903D-B69419A25717.jpeg

883BE958-FF38-4BB4-AE76-C793F2C6E4A8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911 and Ulmo