Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Myrtle Creek, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you mean by “the liking.”?

Wasn't specifically mentioned but it did power up for a brief time and was brought offline again due to a PUD/Utility related issue. It could of been a power demand deal or something the utility didn't like. Least that was what was said anyway. Either way this one should be online really soon and gonna be changer for this I-5 route.

Reactions: kpalaniswami
Wasn't specifically mentioned but it did power up for a brief time and was brought offline again due to a PUD/Utility related issue. It could of been a power demand deal or something the utility didn't like. Least that was what was said anyway. Either way this one should be online really soon and gonna be changer for this I-5 route.
304F4DBA-AFEF-4161-BCA7-8CC36E013E11.jpeg
Do I get my first crown??!!
800EEF55-852B-4E4A-8B84-8226ACB44172.jpeg

Last edited:
It will be nice not having to charge to 95% to comfortably make it to Medford. On the other hand I do like Medford for the In-N-Out Burger across the parking lot. I drove from Beaverton to CA and the trip meter said I used 96 kWh when I got to the Yreka supercharger. Technically can make it you would have to be a little bit crazy to start up Siskiyou Summit with 10% battery.

Just to state the obvious, this is a huge addition to the network. Most Portland travelers to California can now charge to near full before leaving, get to Myrtle Creek supercharger and have enough to get to Yreka and bypass all of Grants Pass (awful) and the chargers in Medford (much bigger city).

Back when I bought my Model S in 2016 I saw that a supercharger around Roseburg would be ideal for getting to California.

I made a round trip from Portland to Grants Pass in my MYLR last weekend and being able to skip Springfield is a dream. Hit 228KW in Myrtle Creek. Stopped in Springfield on the way back up to get a cup of coffee and only got 60KW, which was bizarre. The traveler next to me said he got a message that it was because of high usage but the chargers were less than half full. Did a quick touch and go in Salem to have a little wiggle room to finish the journey. Myrtle Creek, though. What a gem. I will also say it was really busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a round trip from Portland to Grants Pass in my MYLR last weekend and being able to skip Springfield is a dream. Hit 228KW in Myrtle Creek, which felt like a dream. Stopped in Springfield on the way back up to get a cup of coffee and only got 60KW, which was bizarre. The traveler next to me said he got a message that it was because of high usage but the chargers were less than half full. Did a quick touch and go in Salem to have a little wiggle room to finish the journey. Myrtle Creek, though. What a gem. I will also say it was really busy.
If Springfield is a V2 charger and sharing with a neighbor would get 75kW max rate. New builds in Harrisburg and sunderland should take care of this.

I made a round trip from Portland to Grants Pass in my MYLR last weekend and being able to skip Springfield is a dream. Hit 228KW in Myrtle Creek. Stopped in Springfield on the way back up to get a cup of coffee and only got 60KW, which was bizarre. The traveler next to me said he got a message that it was because of high usage but the chargers were less than half full. Did a quick touch and go in Salem to have a little wiggle room to finish the journey. Myrtle Creek, though. What a gem. I will also say it was really busy.
Springfield has very confusing stall pairings!! They're V2 so power sharing is an issue, but the paired stalls are very illogically placed. You can be on opposite ends of the setup and be sharing 150kW.

Springfield has very confusing stall pairings!! They're V2 so power sharing is an issue, but the paired stalls are very illogically placed. You can be on opposite ends of the setup and be sharing 150kW.
There are mostly only two layouts, as far as initial build. If extra stalls are added at a later time, then they can sometimes get really weird if they are done in the other order that doesn't match the original.

Most are like this:
1A 1B 2A 2B 3A 3B
So people are used to the paired ones being next to each other.

The other layout also is in a kind of order:
1A 2A 3A 1B 2B 3B
All of the "A" stalls and then all of the "B" stalls. It somewhat makes sense visually, except that the paired ones can be several spaces away. I think this may be what you were seeing at Springfield.

There are mostly only two layouts, as far as initial build. If extra stalls are added at a later time, then they can sometimes get really weird if they are done in the other order that doesn't match the original.

Most are like this:
1A 1B 2A 2B 3A 3B
So people are used to the paired ones being next to each other.

The other layout also is in a kind of order:
1A 2A 3A 1B 2B 3B
All of the "A" stalls and then all of the "B" stalls. It somewhat makes sense visually, except that the paired ones can be several spaces away. I think this may be what you were seeing at Springfield.
I can't remember the exact layout in Springfield but it was expanded at least once so that's probably why it's confusing. The original supercharger is in the Holiday Inn Express parking lot and later they added more stalls on the other side in the other hotel's parking lot. IIRC they used a separate transformer for that one so you shouldn't be paired with someone in the opposite parking lot at least.

The 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B format is kind of stupid and confusing, but they used that at a lot of the early superchargers (Springfield is old enough that they may have used it there). I've seen older superchargers get expansions that are very confusing because they keep the original stalls how they are and then add a few more with a different format. For example, I've seen 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B 5A 5B 6A 6B.

I can't remember the exact layout in Springfield but it was expanded at least once so that's probably why it's confusing. The original supercharger is in the Holiday Inn Express parking lot and later they added more stalls on the other side in the other hotel's parking lot. IIRC they used a separate transformer for that one so you shouldn't be paired with someone in the opposite parking lot at least.

The 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B format is kind of stupid and confusing, but they used that at a lot of the early superchargers (Springfield is old enough that they may have used it there). I've seen older superchargers get expansions that are very confusing because they keep the original stalls how they are and then add a few more with a different format. For example, I've seen 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B 5A 5B 6A 6B.
I am pretty sure the original Holiday Inn side is 8 chargers in the 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B format and then they added 6 more on the Courtyard Marriott side in the 1A 1B 2A 2B 3A 3B format Lol

Used this supercharger twice. South on a trip to Los Angeles & then the return home. A great location that allowed us to skip Springfield both ways with faster charging. Our last trip with a stop in Springfield meant we also had to stop in Medford. One less stop was very nice.
There is still a port-a-potty for those desperate for a bathroom If you want to avoid the adjacent gas station.