Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mystic, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, took a look this morning. Site is being prepped and materials stockpiled. Overhead view below, will update with pics of the site.

View attachment 781640

Nice!

I have a few clients in the area, so Im over there about 5 times a week. I live in Westerly, and grew up in New London. Im all over the SE CT area so if you see a matte gray MYP, white interior, say hi! HA!

Is it just me, or is it now moving pretty fast?! So awesome to see!

Pic below is from the other day. Ill post todays find tonight.

IMG_3104.jpeg

Nice!

I have a few clients in the area, so Im over there about 5 times a week. I live in Westerly, and grew up in New London. Im all over the SE CT area so if you see a matte gray MYP, white interior, say hi! HA!

Is it just me, or is it now moving pretty fast?! So awesome to see!

Pic below is from the other day. Ill post todays find tonight.

View attachment 782028
Curious on what contractor is doing this build... EDIT - never mind, I see a Gordon trailer in the background of that image. This explains the speed, and perhaps why another project expected to have begun already has not started.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Curious on what contractor is doing this build... EDIT - never mind, I see a Gordon trailer in the background of that image. This explains the speed, and perhaps why another project expected to have begun already has not started.

Ive read that Tesla is installing the stalls more efficently these days as well.

"Tesla has developed a modular design, in that the charging stalls are already mounted in groups of say 4, to a cement pad which only requires to be dropped in place and connected. All the construction needs to do is prep the area where the stalls would sit. New way eliminates the need and time to pour cement footings for each individual stall".

I wonder if this is the case here, but I know nothing about this type of stuff so even my pic above my tell is so?

Ive read that Tesla is installing the stalls more efficently these days as well.

"Tesla has developed a modular design, in that the charging stalls are already mounted in groups of say 4, to a cement pad which only requires to be dropped in place and connected. All the construction needs to do is prep the area where the stalls would sit. New way eliminates the need and time to pour cement footings for each individual stall".

I wonder if this is the case here, but I know nothing about this type of stuff so even my pic above my tell is so?
Not sure if we can tell yet if this site will use the modular pre-fab installs or not from the trenchwork in place. The key will be how much conduit gets put down (I assume each pre-fab pad still needs to be connected externally vs. a pre-fab connection conduit built into each pad), and of course if any of the standard supercharger gear (superchargers, switchgear, pedestals) get delivered to the site for installation. If any of the later is or gets delivered onsite then it's the traditional build type. I know the Rocky Hill, CT job is supposed to get them when it is built later this year according to it's permit. I've seen plenty of these pref-fab superchargers across the country already completed, but have yet to see one under construction. Some construction pictures exist in the forums for sure.

I'm guessing the go-live date is sometime in June.
This is actually a pretty realistic expectation... assuming a transformer shows up soon (there may already be one there now for all we know). Then it takes time to connect the transformer to the pole, and then it takes time to connect the transformer to the supercharger switchgear, and then it takes time to get a meter, and then .... it snows.

This is actually a pretty realistic expectation... assuming a transformer shows up soon (there may already be one there now for all we know). Then it takes time to connect the transformer to the pole, and then it takes time to connect the transformer to the supercharger switchgear, and then it takes time to get a meter, and then .... it snows.

Ate at Pink Basil tonight, in the village. No transformer as of 5pm today. Haha