Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Needles, CA - E. Broadway St. (LIVE 27 Feb 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A 3rd Supercharger is coming soon to Needles!! Tesla recently filed a fire review permit at Needles Town Center. No additional details on the number of stalls.

In terms of the naming, since this Supercharger is on Broadway (as are the other two locations), this one is getting a fourth "e".

Neeeedles.jpg

I wonder if the original four stalls at the DQ will be removed. They are V2 and frequently full or close to it not to mention the occasional ICEing.

Needles is one of those places that helps the Barstow--Kingman drive with perhaps a handful of folks heading south on US95 to take the back door to the Palm Springs area. It doesn't really alleviate congestion (at least today) by spreading out Supercharging opportunities. The next Supercharger east of Kingman is Flagstaff (maybe Seligman or Ash Fork will get one eventually.) West of Needles there is nothing until Barstow (maybe Newberry Springs or Daggett will get one eventually(?))

Other long interstate stretches have Superchargers spaced more comfortably, like I-15 with Barstow--->Yermo--->Baker--->Primm (also undergoing expansion) whereby one can skip the mess in Vegas and head to Mesquite or St. George.

Traveling the Needles path July 18, is the four stall V2 SC still operational? Would be nice if one of the V3 locations was operational by then but probably not.
Yes.

In fact Tesla announced Friday that off-peak Supercharging at selected Superchargers would be free to all. The four-holer at Needles was included in this promotion.

In addition, you can always check on your touchscreen for any area in the world to see if Superchargers are available. Just have to turn on the Supercharger list, and then move the map to the geographical area you are interested in, locate the greyed out pin, and press it on the screen.

I checked this site yesterday when I was passing through. No activity yet.
I wonder if Rite Aid corporate is going to be confused when this Thrifty ice cream counter suddenly sees a huge spike in cone sales! The only other food choices here are a Domino's, and an Indian place that likely gets the majority of their business from truckers.

I posted construction pics of the other new site in the thread for that one - Supercharger - Needles, CA - W. Broadway St. (permit filed, 12 stalls)

Reactions: IronQQQ
With no one around to check up on it (my work no longer takes me through Needles on a regular basis), the East Broadway Superchargers have been getting built and are nearly done! According to this article they hope to be done by the end of January:

This shopping center is a little forlorn, but perhaps the superchargers will breathe a little more life into it. They lost one of their major anchors some years ago - a Basha's which was the only supermarket in town. Some of the storefronts like county offices and the DMV are not going to be useful for travelers, but there is an Indian restaurant (sustained by truckers I expect), a Domino's Pizza, and a Rite Aid where you can get your Thrifty Ice Cream fix.

I will be in town on February 9-10, so if there are no pics here by then I will take some.

Last edited: