Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nepean, ON - Robertson Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest rumour from the staff working the Perth install via Facebook points to the Nepean SuperCharger being at the Canadian Tire at Robertson and Moodie and being built soon.

I guess that's not a bad location as it's right at the intersection of the two highways, but it's a number of minutes from the highway to get there.

Latest rumour ... SuperCharger being at the Canadian Tire at Robertson and Moodie and being built soon.
I really hope not, to much of a detour, especially with traffic. I guess it could be another cornwall or rideau detour so probably should hold my criticism, or I might jink it and make it more of a detour. Regradless nice to hear a full speed SC will be coming soon :)

I really hope not, to much of a detour, especially with traffic. I guess it could be another cornwall or rideau detour so probably should hold my criticism, or I might jink it and make it more of a detour. Regradless nice to hear a full speed SC will be coming soon :)
It's about 2.5 minutes from the 417 and about 4 minutes from the 416, very similar to Kingston and many other sites. This is not a Cornwall diversion.

Reactions: martind3
It's about 2.5 minutes ... This is not a Cornwall diversion.
Really closer to adding 8-10min to a trip depending on traffic. But as I said, it could be worse(I didn't say it was a cornwall diversion, actually said the oposite), I tried to finish with a postive in my last message, and will again, it at least it serves two routes.

Time to rename the thread! @MarcoRP

Tesla Superchargers started construction at Canadian Tire Bells Corners.
4677EFD4-6601-4E3D-9C62-3D95E83B75AD.png

2135 Robertson Rd
Ottawa ON K2H 5Z2
Canada

I’ll go out on an optimistic limb here and guess that if this is indeed it, there’s going to be a second SC soon too. Ottawa has two major highway intersections. This is right by one of them (416 and 417). The other one is in the east end of the city (417 and I 174 - the Split) and there’s a Canadian Tire on Coventry Road right by that interchange. Ottawa is quite underserved with SCs based on the size of the city and number of Tesla’s. If there’s only 8 chargers being built here, I would guess there’s another 8 being planned elsewhere in the city.

And to be even more optimistic - Gatineau needs some too.

I’ll go out on an optimistic limb here and guess that if this is indeed it, there’s going to be a second SC soon too. Ottawa has two major highway intersections. This is right by one of them (416 and 417). The other one is in the east end of the city (417 and I 174 - the Split) and there’s a Canadian Tire on Coventry Road right by that interchange. Ottawa is quite underserved with SCs based on the size of the city and number of Tesla’s. If there’s only 8 chargers being built here, I would guess there’s another 8 being planned elsewhere in the city.

It’s possible. But, Casselman seems to serve people coming into Ottawa from the east-end.
My only thoughts would be a Gatineau Supercharger, I have seen zero activity at Promenades or La Gappe.

But then again with this one, we are at 16 supercharger for Ottawa. (I guess 4 less than Belleville)

CT at Coventry Road already has an Electrify Canada installation so this is an unlikely site for a SC in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: surfaholic
Nepean, ON

Along National Highways: TCH/ON-417
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): None

TCH

To: Casselman, ON - 71.4 km
Diversion: 4.1 km
To: Pointe-Claire, QC - 190.6 km

To: Mont Tremblant, QC (TCH,ON-RR95,QC-5,QC-50,QC-317,QC-321,QC-315,QC-323,QC-117) - 173.2 km
To: Mascouche, QC (TCH,ON-RR95,QC-5,QC-50,QC-15,QC-640) 217.7 km

A much-needed Supercharger on the TCH, splitting the current 246.2 km gap between Deep River, ON and Casselman, ON.

It's also the first full-power Supercharger somewhere vaguely near Ottawa.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD!!! Alleluia!! It's about freaking time!! Once this is completed I won't use Rideau Centre again! With unlimited free charging, why would I pay $2 for every half hour of parking for an outdated 72kw charger when I can charge at a 250kw (V3) for free? I won't. Here is a picture as of July 12th.

Attachments

• 20200712_195925_001.jpg
    20200712_195925_001.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 99
Nepean, ON

Along National Highways: TCH/ON-417
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): None

TCH

To: Casselman, ON - 71.4 km
Diversion: 4.1 km
To: Pointe-Claire, QC - 190.6 km

To: Mont Tremblant, QC (TCH,ON-RR95,QC-5,QC-50,QC-317,QC-321,QC-315,QC-323,QC-117) - 173.2 km
To: Mascouche, QC (TCH,ON-RR95,QC-5,QC-50,QC-15,QC-640) 217.7 km

A much-needed Supercharger on the TCH, splitting the current 246.2 km gap between Deep River, ON and Casselman, ON.

It's also the first full-power Supercharger somewhere vaguely near Ottawa.
Why do you post distances each time there's a supercharger. Is that the distance from the location to the other superchargers?

This is a really great location. Only a 3-4 mins from the Queensway via Moodie, rd and no left turns when coming that way, not a big diversion at all. Right next to a Tim Hortons (1 min walk) so the coffee and washroom angles are covered. McDonalds across the street and a really good hotel restaurant next door - about a 2 min walk. And no doubt a V3. With Renfrew not even started, this will be a huge help for long distance travel negating the awful experience of fighting 15-20 mins (one way) of traffic to get to the Urban Chargers at the Rideau Centre. For those who live in Kanata, Stittsville, Bells Corners and Carp and work at points west of Moodie this is a godsend!

Reactions: wildguess
Why do you post distances each time there's a supercharger?

I'm interested in the improvements in coverage and density. Coverage makes trips possible. Density makes it easier and more optimal, because charging rates depend on state of change, and ideally people should stop when they want to and when they'll get the fastest charging.

I nerd out on it and share my results.

This Supercharger is particularly useful because it's splitting a sizable gap along the TCH, as well as helping with the connection between the Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa.

Is that the distance from the location to the other superchargers?

Yes.

Depending on how much I can be bothered I generally post distances to Superchargers on the major highways the Supercharger is along (normally with a reasonably generous 16km diversion limit), plus any other neighbors, where a neighbor is a Supercharger where the fastest route doesn't pass close to another distant Supercharger (i.e. I ignore anything close by).

Went there this evening and took some pics of a couple of cabinets that are on site. I have no idea what they are but perhaps someone knowledgeable in these things can confirm that these would be used by a Supercharger station.
The construction seems to be progressing very quickly with all the posts and conduit in place.

Attachments

• 20200714_201021.jpg
    20200714_201021.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 20200714_214445.jpg
    20200714_214445.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 98
Went there this evening and took some pics of a couple of cabinets that are on site. I have no idea what they are but perhaps someone knowledgeable in these things can confirm that these would be used by a Supercharger station.
The construction seems to be progressing very quickly with all the posts and conduit in place.
I’m not too sure what they are, but it sure looks like what you would find on top of a V2 cabinet. I really hope I’m wrong though