Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Boston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, a charger in East Texas! I would have preferred Longview, Livingston or Mt. Pleasant, but I'll take them anywhere we can get them. This is another site that is not mentioned on Tesla's "Find Us" page. That keeps my hope alive for other places in the charging desert.

Reactions: drdumont
New Boston, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Pilot
Along Primary Interstates: I-30
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-82
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-30

To: Texarkana, TX (v2) - 25.2 miles
Diversion: 1.7 miles
To: Little Rock, AR (v2) - 157 miles

US-82

To: Texarkana, TX (v2) - 24.3 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Cottondale, AL - 453.7 miles

A v3 between v2s, relieving Texarkana, TX.

Reactions: CarlS
so what... V3 charging is quite fast... in/out in under 25min for me typically. hardly enough to go explore for better dining.

I would do a full charge and then long haul home into central Arkansas. Doing a short stop in New Boston means I'd have to stop again in south Little Rock, which is easily another 20 minute delay to arriving home. Spending all that time at one charger and having a sit down meal is much better than stinking up my car with fast food.

Showing up as open in Tesla's Find Us

https://www.tesla.com/findus/location/supercharger/NewBostonTXQ42022

1671721477674.png

1671721370047.png

We drove past the area yesterday. Noticed that it was showing up in the phone app but not in the car's list of charging stations so must be a different trigger there? (We needed to stop in Texarkana instead, so didn't try to visit).

How was the location? I normally stop in Texarkana but it’s so slow.

Anything around there? Normally have a dog with me.
I charged here again on my way back home to Houston on Friday 12/30. It was actually a tad out of the way for me to hit this one on the way back instead of Sulfur Springs, but I chose to do so because it's a much better location, faster charging, and I have two Model Ys travelling together and felt safer with it being a larger # of stalls, faster charging, and close to Texarkana if it went down (which the new installs seem to have been doing in my area lately).
Interestingly, even though there was only one other Telsa there besides my two, my two charged at completely different speeds. One was almost half the speed of the other, all other variables were relatively equal. Found that odd. Guessing it's because there was one other car there, and we were probably sharing. But overall, it's the fastest charger I've been to so far.

The gas station it's in is pretty nice. Seems they sell cooked food, but I didn't have any. Men's bathroom was clean on the way up, but pretty nasty on the way home, again no cell reception. Staff was very pleasant. Since you mentioned it, I actually saw several dogs being walked around the premises.

But as far as things other than the gas station around? Nothing else around in sight as far as I could tell, but I don't know the area at all.

Here's my vehicles charging here on their way home:

20221230_121225.jpg

Reactions: Electroman
I charged here again on my way back home to Houston on Friday 12/30. It was actually a tad out of the way for me to hit this one on the way back instead of Sulfur Springs, but I chose to do so because it's a much better location, faster charging, and I have two Model Ys travelling together and felt safer with it being a larger # of stalls, faster charging, and close to Texarkana if it went down (which the new installs seem to have been doing in my area lately).
Interestingly, even though there was only one other Telsa there besides my two, my two charged at completely different speeds. One was almost half the speed of the other, all other variables were relatively equal. Found that odd. Guessing it's because there was one other car there, and we were probably sharing. But overall, it's the fastest charger I've been to so far.

The gas station it's in is pretty nice. Seems they sell cooked food, but I didn't have any. Men's bathroom was clean on the way up, but pretty nasty on the way home, again no cell reception. Staff was very pleasant. Since you mentioned it, I actually saw several dogs being walked around the premises.

But as far as things other than the gas station around? Nothing else around in sight as far as I could tell, but I don't know the area at all.

Here's my vehicles charging here on their way home:

View attachment 891050
thanks for the reply.

I usually go this trek when headed to AL, so it’s either hit up Texarkana or New Boston.

I usually leave at 6am and get to Texarkana about 830-930 (from Dallas) so nothing is open at this time there.

V3 charging is much better than v2 charging, so I’m debating on stopping here even though it’s about 25 miles more west (closer to me), so it’s a little bit of a longer stretch to Little Rock.

All I need is a bathroom for the way out, I don’t need to eat at the first stop.

Usually on the way back, it has me stop in Texarkana and then sulphur springs, sometimes.

• Informative
Reactions: Electroman