Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Minas NS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so good news, bad news.

On the good side, the power meter has been installed, so NSP should be done now.

Bad side, there’s no power at the site, and I don’t know if Spark has to do more work here, or if Tesla has to finish up and commission this site. There’s no comm line through the plugs here, so even if you plug in, the site will not ID itself as an SC, your car will just treat it as a L2 charger that’s not on.

View attachment 826776View attachment 826777View attachment 826778
I was able to charge my Model 3 at 1600 today. According to the Tesla employee (red truck) he had just activated all 8 units
F5A6190F-670F-4C7E-B077-F906447C94E8.jpeg

is this a 150 or a 250kW? and what did it actually charge at? I have free supercharging until Sept
250. I haven't been there to charge. Was just relaying the information to get the supercharge.info map updated. If you want to get the full 250kW, you need to arrive with a low state of charge (5-20% ish depending on model) and with a warm battery, as in having driven a long distance to get there. 50km or so should be enough in summer.

Reactions: Big Earl
From other people that have charged there, it seems like this site is active, but not commissioned by Tesla yet.

What that means is that the site does not show up in the Nav (as of this morning), and the charging speeds will not be very high.

From other people that have charged there, it seems like this site is active, but not commissioned by Tesla yet.

What that means is that the site does not show up in the Nav (as of this morning), and the charging speeds will not be very high.
I charged here and the speed varied I got 8 min of level 3 33 min level 2 and 10 min level 1

From empty to full it 50 min appx it did not show up on my Tesla so that it could pre condition

Also the price is 96 cents for level 3 charging a min. Is that the norm?

I charged here and the speed varied I got 8 min of level 3 33 min level 2 and 10 min level 1

From empty to full it 50 min appx it did not show up on my Tesla so that it could pre condition

I don’t know. I do know that the SC has been added to Nav now, so if you select it in the Nav display, it will show you the various rates.

I think what you're talking about is Tesla's per-minute pricing tiers. You experience here is pretty typical, since EV battery charging slows down as the state of charge increases. Put another way, charging is fastest when the battery is low and slowest as it approaches full. If you spent a total of 51 minutes charging, you probably pulled in under 10% and left at over 90%.

Referring to Supercharging speed as "levels" is confusing, because "Level 3 charging" typically refers to any type of DC fast charging equipment, "Level 2 charging" refers to 208 volt AC or greater home and destination charging, and "Level 1 charging" refers to plugging your car into a standard wall outlet.

i preconditioned and got there yesterday at 19 %. it did start charging at 250kW initially >1900 km/h it said. took less than 15 min to get to 80%..
I dont know what the $ was..they deducted about 200 km from my remaining free supercharging. 60% charge would give me more than 200 km unless I have 2 kayaks on my car .

Hi all - first time posting here and I am in somewhat desperate straights. I came to Shelburne from Halifax without an adapter to charge at the flo stations. Anyone know how I can get one here?
Do you have your J1772 adapter with you? Plugshare shows a charger in Shelburne that you can use right there. You'll just have to wait a while.
If not, how much charge do you have? Again, Plugshare shows Tesla destination chargers in a handful of spots not too far away: East Kemptville, Yarmouth, Bridgewater, etc.

Do you have your J1772 adapter with you? Plugshare shows a charger in Shelburne that you can use right there. You'll just have to wait a while.
If not, how much charge do you have? Again, Plugshare shows Tesla destination chargers in a handful of spots not too far away: East Kemptville, Yarmouth, Bridgewater, etc.
Thanks for your response. I have an adapter now and am charging np.

Reactions: Big Earl