Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I knew Tesla were trying to have superchargers at every major Turnpike exit, but this one is hardly major. Glad to see Tesla is serving all of PA, although this is obvi for Turnpike traffic rather than locals in Franklin County.

I knew Tesla were trying to have superchargers at every major Turnpike exit, but this one is hardly major. Glad to see Tesla is serving all of PA, although this is obvi for Turnpike traffic rather than locals in Franklin County.
Helpful for I-76 to avoid a significantly larger diversion at Machanicsburg, PA.
Helpful for I-78/I-76 transition as previously the V3 gap from Breezewood - Lincoln Highway, PA to Hamburg, PA was 137.6 miles.

Charging here now…

IMG_3495.jpeg

Newburg, PA

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: McKinney Station
Along Primary Interstates: I-76E
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: PA-PTP

I-76E/PA-PTP

To: Carlisle, PA (v2) - 27.7 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Mechanicsburg, PA - 36.7 miles

Helps with I-76E travel, being a V3 with a small diversion off the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Charged here yesterday. Nice spot and incredibly easy on and off the turnpike. Couple things-
1)yes, I saw a horse and buggy as I went across the road to the lot.

2) go slow in and out of the lot. There is a shale transition between the road and the lot- it’s a bit rough.

3) the restaurant owners put a trash can near the chargers- its nice to have one available at a charger!

4) the restaurant seems to have the charger as part of their business plan. I didn’t get a chance to try anything but I suggest others do and report back! It seems to be decent for a quick bite by the reviews.

5) this is a fantastic location- hopefully the TP adds one at Sideling hill- I hate getting off at breezewood!

Charged here yesterday. Nice spot and incredibly easy on and off the turnpike. Couple things-
1)yes, I saw a horse and buggy as I went across the road to the lot.

2) go slow in and out of the lot. There is a shale transition between the road and the lot- it’s a bit rough.

3) the restaurant owners put a trash can near the chargers- its nice to have one available at a charger!

4) the restaurant seems to have the charger as part of their business plan. I didn’t get a chance to try anything but I suggest others do and report back! It seems to be decent for a quick bite by the reviews.

5) this is a fantastic location- hopefully the TP adds one at Sideling hill- I hate getting off at breezewood!
Great food and L3 charging just off the Turnpike!
In the background of the first picture is the turnpike exit. Maybe 30 yards from the exit.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 14