Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Norfolk, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by this SC last Monday(5/8) and noticed a Tesla technician working on changing out the cords at the stalls. He stated that the old cords where getting hot, so new thicker wires/cords were being installed. I also stopped by this past Friday (5/12) and only three of the six stalls were operational. Anyone have an update on the status and know when all stalls might be up and running again?

I stopped by this SC last Monday(5/8) and noticed a Tesla technician working on changing out the cords at the stalls. He stated that the old cords where getting hot, so new thicker wires/cords were being installed. I also stopped by this past Friday (5/12) and only three of the six stalls were operational. Anyone have an update on the status and know when all stalls might be up and running again?

Which weren't working? I can check today.

Yes Kingsmill has at least 2 Tesla wall chargers. We have stayed there twice in the last year using it as our base to visit the surrounding attractions. I was always able to top off making sure I did not leave it connected after I got my required charge. During our two weeks there was only one time when I saw someone using the second one. Also, near the golf course they have numerous lower charging stations that other electrics and golf carts use. You only have to use your adapter and it will charge your Tesla.

Reactions: firelegend
Yes Kingsmill has at least 2 Tesla wall chargers. We have stayed there twice in the last year using it as our base to visit the surrounding attractions. I was always able to top off making sure I did not leave it connected after I got my required charge. During our two weeks there was only one time when I saw someone using the second one. Also, near the golf course they have numerous lower charging stations that other electrics and golf carts use. You only have to use your adapter and it will charge your Tesla.
thanks for the heads up!

As a resident of KM, we had them install (5) 14-50s back in 2013 so that we could hold private test drive events. They have since upgraded to Tesla’s destination Charging Program with (2) WCs and (1) J1772 back in 2016. Shortly thereafter, a tiff occurred between KM and the very foolish, uninformed, and misguided youngster running Tesla's destination program at which time he removed KM from Tesla’s touchscreen. KM has been incredibly supportive of Tesla over the years including adding temporary charging to accommodate over 75 Teslas for the 2016 East Coast Event. Please keep in mind that KM is a closed (open to residents and resort guests only) gated community with its own Police force that is not open to the public. Please let the employee checking you in know that you will be charging your car during your stay as they often issue you an EV charging pass. Also, the Doubletree hotel just 250 yards from the rt. 60 KM entrance has Tesla chargers.

Good-Luck!

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: CatB
Used it twice this week and not a good charger. Should try to avoid if possible. This needs fixed/upgraded and the VAB charger is definitely needed.
Sat 6/13/20 - I used stall 1A and charged at a slow 33kW. Stall 1B was tried by several cars while I was there and wasn't working. A line was forming with 3 cars waiting before I left.
Sat 6/20/20 - Was full when I got there. I used stall 2A and it kept stopping charging after a moment. I would have to unplug and replug to try again. Would have tried another stall but it was full house. After 6-8 tries it finally stayed charging at ~70kW. Stall 1B left and someone else came and said it wasn't working still. This was Tesla employee and also asked about mine as they saw my replug attempts. Hopefully they can reach out to someone to get help for this charger.
I used it once last year (spring 2019) with a similar experience of being at capacity and not the best speeds.

• Informative
Reactions: CatB and jthompson