Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Vawlkus
That is a myEVroute/KSI unit that be counted on to frequently fail. For anyone that doesn't know, that network was setup by a con man with the intent of defrauding an Ontario government subsidy program. Please do not rely on the poorly planned, ill-maintained, under-powered, and unsupported units on that network.
That’s some good feedback. So you’re saying the one in Dymond doesn’t work very well?

Where's the fast charger near Dymond? And which truck stop in Timmins? I'm planning on travelling up that way this summer. Some idea where to charge would be kindly appreciated.
Based on other feedback here it appears the one near Dymond may not be that reliable. As for the free one in Timmins, it’s at Tru-Nor centre at 2439 riverside drive. You’ll need your level 2 adapter and make sure you press the green button after plugging in to increase the output to 80 amps.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
I do! There’s an amazing one at a truck service center that provides FREE charging at about 68km/hr. I usually just need about 30 mins to top up to get to kapuskasing. When I get there I use my dad’s welding outlet.
There’s another DC fast charge downtown Timmins behind Scotiabank (with Chademo adapter) but that thing has never worked since day 1. What a waste.

I have been doing the Montreal - Kapuskasing (then on to Hearst) route every 4 month or so in a Model S. Initially 90D but now 100D since last year. I charge in Mont Tremblant SC and Val d’Or CHAdeMO. Impossible to do it via North Bay in one day until the North Bay SC is up and running. Came back once via North Bay (had to stay overnight at the Ramada) two years ago when the Val d’Or rapid charger ruined my CHAdeMO adapter on the way to Kapuskasing. Had to stay overnight in Amos at the Amosphere Motel.

Hopefully next year we will have the rapid chargers from Hydro One in New Liskeard, Matheson, Fauquier and Hearst that will make this route quite a breeze.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Falkirk and MarcoRP
I have been doing the Montreal - Kapuskasing (then on to Hearst) route every 4 month or so in a Model S. Initially 90D but now 100D since last year. I charge in Mont Tremblant SC and Val d’Or CHAdeMO. Impossible to do it via North Bay in one day until the North Bay SC is up and running. Came back once via North Bay (had to stay overnight at the Ramada) two years ago when the Val d’Or rapid charger ruined my CHAdeMO adapter on the way to Kapuskasing. Had to stay overnight in Amos at the Amosphere Motel.

Hopefully next year we will have the rapid chargers from Hydro One in New Liskeard, Matheson, Fauquier and Hearst that will make this route quite a breeze.
NCAMIRE, do you have any more information about plans for Hydro One chargers in New Liskeard and Matheson? I hadn't heard about plans for them. My son lives in Kirkland Lake, which only has the one Tim Horton's / KSI charger and it would be great if there were other charging alternatives relatively nearby.

Based on other feedback here it appears the one near Dymond may not be that reliable. As for the free one in Timmins, it’s at Tru-Nor centre at 2439 riverside drive. You’ll need your level 2 adapter and make sure you press the green button after plugging in to increase the output to 80 amps.
I thought you might mean the one at Timmies near Dymond. I had heard it was unreliable, and wanted to see if you were using a different one.

Thanks for the info.

I actually live in Fauquier! I didn’t know there was one planned here. I’ll obviously just use the welding outlet at my parents’ house obviously but am curious about the one in Matheson as well. I couldn’t find any info online about locations.

I actually live in Fauquier! I didn’t know there was one planned here. I’ll obviously just use the welding outlet at my parents’ house obviously but am curious about the one in Matheson as well. I couldn’t find any info online about locations.

Hi Garth and Jmlx,

I got that from the Natural Resources Canada website listed below. It is phase 2 of the Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative - Successful Applicants. You will not find Ontario One listed there but rather 2587265 Ontario Inc. which is apparently Ontario One. They have listed 100 fast charging stations in 43 locations for a total of $5,000,000 in funding. However I have no clues as to when those will be installed. What is nice is that they have a minimum of two fast chargers per station. Do not know if they will be CHAdeMO, CCS Combo or both and the power output.

Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative - Successful Applicants – Phase 2 | Natural Resources Canada

Normand

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
Hi Garth and Jmlx,

I got that from the Natural Resources Canada website listed below. It is phase 2 of the Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative - Successful Applicants. You will not find Ontario One listed there but rather 2587265 Ontario Inc. which is apparently Ontario One. They have listed 100 fast charging stations in 43 locations for a total of $5,000,000 in funding. However I have no clues as to when those will be installed. What is nice is that they have a minimum of two fast chargers per station. Do not know if they will be CHAdeMO, CCS Combo or both and the power output.

Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative - Successful Applicants – Phase 2 | Natural Resources Canada

Normand
Normand, thank you VERY MUCH. Great detective work on your part. I'd tried in vain to search for a list of locations.

Hi Garth and Jmlx,

Normand
The branding of this network is Ivy - Ivy Charging Network It is a joint venture of Hydro One and OPG. I have mapped all the chargers from the NRCan list here: NR Can Phase 2 Level 3 Chargers - Google My Maps

The branding of this network is Ivy - Ivy Charging Network It is a joint venture of Hydro One and OPG. I have mapped all the chargers from the NRCan list here: NR Can Phase 2 Level 3 Chargers - Google My Maps
These "Under Construction" and "coming soon" and "permit issued" maps are starting to be meaningless. What is holding the rollout of Superchargers in Ontario? Ford government taking its war on the environment by putting obstacles in the way? Pretty shameful that Hydro one is using federal money for the Ivy network and Ontario government gives nothing!

Hi Garth and Jmlx,

Normand

I meant to say Hydro One instead of Ontario One.

Checked the superchargers last night, Still no power.

I hope Tesla is not delaying opening seemingly ready supercharger sites to have a coordinated "corridor" opening. North Bay and Deep River appear to be complete regarding hardware so why the delay in commissioning? I need to make the Ottawa-to-Sudbury Round trip either this weekend or next. If the superchargers aren't functional then I'll have to burn distilled dino juice and since my wife needs the dino-burning car nest weekend then that will force my hand to this weekend. Any updates as the week goes on would be much appreciated.

Reactions: pmanstuff
I hope Tesla is not delaying opening seemingly ready supercharger sites to have a coordinated "corridor" opening. North Bay and Deep River appear to be complete regarding hardware so why the delay in commissioning? I need to make the Ottawa-to-Sudbury Round trip either this weekend or next. If the superchargers aren't functional then I'll have to burn distilled dino juice and since my wife need the dino-burning car nest weekend then that force my hand to this weekend. Any updates as the week goes on would be much appreciated.
Read my post on the Wawa thread. It applies to NB as well.

Read my post on the Wawa thread. It applies to NB as well.

If true that really sucks!!! By then this site will have been under construction for in excess of 8 months according to the first post on this thread. I know there are often issues with getting the Hydro One transformer and there were likely issues with getting V3 hardware out of Buffalo but really, 8 months plus... really.... This is starting to match the Kingston SC debacle! Next thing is we will start hearing the weather delays excuse.
I have always been a big supporter of Tesla but the TCH supercharger deployment is now moving towards the farcical realm. Superchargers seem to get built in the GTA or other major centers in a matter of 2, no more than 3 months. The original goal behind superchargers was to enable intercity travel. If the TCH isn't adequately served, and that includes reasonable time frames for site construction then Tesla is failing Canadian customers. I hate to say it but Tesla needs to be held to account for these delays. Remember North Bay and Deep River were on the SC deployment map years ago. The discussion here alone shows the demand for SC coverage on this section of Hwy 17.

If true that really sucks!!! By then this site will have been under construction for in excess of 8 months according to the first post on this thread. I know there are often issues with getting the Hydro One transformer and there were likely issues with getting V3 hardware out of Buffalo but really, 8 months plus... really.... This is starting to match the Kingston SC debacle! Next thing is we will start hearing the weather delays excuse.
I have always been a big supporter of Tesla but the TCH supercharger deployment is now moving towards the farcical realm. Superchargers seem to get built in the GTA or other major centers in a matter of 2, no more than 3 months. The original goal behind superchargers was to enable intercity travel. If the TCH isn't adequately served, and that includes reasonable time frames for site construction then Tesla is failing Canadian customers. I hate to say it but Tesla needs to be held to account for these delays. Remember North Bay and Deep River were on the SC deployment map years ago. The discussion here alone shows the demand for SC coverage on this section of Hwy 17.
(cough cough) North (cough) Dakota (cough)

Stay calm.

Reactions: Can37