Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bend, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EB387732-17AA-42DC-B301-9634FFF5C673.jpeg

Note that the online display of capacity and occupancy currently still seems highly volatile and unreliable. On Saturday, it first showed 3 out of 4 stalls occupied, later 4 out of 6, and when I got there 6 out of 8 were occupied, while online was showing 0 out of 4 occupied.

All 8 stalls seem already to be operational though, which is really nice for the peak holiday travel.

I was curious how fast the V3 Superchargers were. Here are my results, with a 2018 Model 3 Performance, going from 6% state-of-charge to 100% (though my range only showed as 300 miles). My peak charging power was 197 kW. There were other people charging at the Supercharger. I think some of the dips here were temporarily caused by someone else plugging in.

upload_2019-12-31_19-59-31.png

Data collected by FlexCharging's Smart Charge app, with some additional manual analysis. (FlexCharging)

I was curious how fast the V3 Superchargers were. Here are my results, with a 2018 Model 3 Performance, going from 6% state-of-charge to 100% (though my range only showed as 300 miles). My peak charging power was 197 kW. There were other people charging at the Supercharger. I think some of the dips here were temporarily caused by someone else plugging in.

View attachment 495112

Data collected by FlexCharging's Smart Charge app, with some additional manual analysis. (FlexCharging)

still takes 40 minutes to get to 90% apparently.

still takes 40 minutes to get to 90% apparently.

Which is pretty impressive from a starting SOC of 6%.

I arrived with around 21% SOC, and hit 90% within 30min or so.

This supercharger is really going to rock for people coming home. They'll be able to arrive with a low SOC, and leave with 50% or more within 15min or so.

I also don't believe there is sharing with V3 chargers so no worry about being at a paired slot.

The only downside is the location, but in a way it's an upside as there isn't much there except for Popeyes.

Which is pretty impressive from a starting SOC of 6%.

I arrived with around 21% SOC, and hit 90% within 30min or so.

This supercharger is really going to rock for people coming home. They'll be able to arrive with a low SOC, and leave with 50% or more within 15min or so.

I also don't believe there is sharing with V3 chargers so no worry about being at a paired slot.

that’s what I’m confused by. I charged on a V2 from 8-90% in 35 minutes

that’s what I’m confused by. I charged on a V2 from 8-90% in 35 minutes

Yeah, it doesn't really change the total charging time for a big charge. Instead it shortens the charging time for a low state of charge to 50-60%. More importantly you don't have to worry about pairing.

Tesla estimates that will cut the time at a charger by half. That's probably true for really busy superchargers, and it's likely true for supercharger to supercharger travel where people don't need to charge to 90%.

Introducing V3 Supercharging

Last edited:
I drove my nerfed 2018 S100D up here a couple days ago to give the v3s another try. Drove about 40 miles to get there and had some driving running errands in the hours prior to that so the battery may not have been fully warm, but was warm ish. Arrived with 18% SOC and got 102kW. Tried 3 different stalls just to check and each time it went straight up to 102kW where it plateaued. I looked at the app a few minutes later and saw it was up to 104kW so I'm guessing that was more or less the max I received.

Now like I said, this car has had nerfed supercharging rates on v2s for over a year, but as a comparison, when things go well, I max out at 108kW on v2s, but lately the taper has come fairly early and been pretty extreme. On v2s at SOCs above 40%, the rough formula for me has been 125 - SOC = charge rate in kW.

So my max charge rate at the v3 was slighly worse than what I'm getting on v2s, but I will say the taper was not quite as bad on the v3 (but still pretty bad! Much worse than what it was like back in 2016-2018). So in terms of overall charging time, it is probably a wash.

One other note, I've eaten at the Popeye's twice now and it's been a mess both times and it seems horribly mismanaged. This time they said the wait for chicken was 20 minutes despite having probably 100 pieces of chicken sitting right behind them ready to be served. I didn't bother asking why it would take so long since I was going to be getting my slow supercharge anyway, but many of the other customers just turned around and left. The food was decent but nothing special.