Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oakhurst, CA (LIVE Feb 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like teslamate.
You are correct. Teslamate is awesome!

Check this thread out if interested:

And here's the homepage:

Reactions: EVCarGUy and jsight
FYI, the hotel that hosts this charger is no longer a Comfort Inn - it’s been rebranded as The Oakhurst Inn at Yosemite.

@Chuq @MarcoRP tagging you to consider changing the site description on supercharge.info (I think you guys both help manage that site, sorry if I’m misremembering)

C6BA65C2-C4A1-4368-9FA1-4B4F94461B42.jpeg

Some have reported 70kW on Plugshare but others have specified 250kW, but 9 days ago someone reported the cables on all but 3 of the chargers had been cut. Now when it happened to me it was something like 4 days before the cables were all replaced (or less, that's just when I checked). But it could also be that now all the cables have been cut. Check the car to see if it reports an outage on the way (I failed to do it and ended up taking a pic of the cut chargers that got published in newspapers and magazines, that's cool).

There are lots of chargers out there, but if you are going uphill to Fish Camp after Oakhurst it's quite a drain on the battery.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Some have reported 70kW on Plugshare but others have specified 250kW, but 9 days ago someone reported the cables on all but 3 of the chargers had been cut. Now when it happened to me it was something like 4 days before the cables were all replaced (or less, that's just when I checked). But it could also be that now all the cables have been cut. Check the car to see if it reports an outage on the way (I failed to do it and ended up taking a pic of the cut chargers that got published in newspapers and magazines, that's cool).

There are lots of chargers out there, but if you are going uphill to Fish Camp after Oakhurst it's quite a drain on the battery.
Thanks Randy. I’ll definitely check.

Labor ain't so bad, it's 3 screws, a plug, and you are done, but I am sure the cost of liquid cooled cables is up there. I heard rumors that after that initial cutting there was another, but I never saw pics. They put in a security station after the first cut, perhaps they removed it after a few months.

Labor ain't so bad, it's 3 screws, a plug, and you are done, but I am sure the cost of liquid cooled cables is up there. I heard rumors that after that initial cutting there was another, but I never saw pics. They put in a security station after the first cut, perhaps they removed it after a few months.
and the bandits waited until they removed the cameras, ughhh that makes me mad.....

and the bandits waited until they removed the cameras, ughhh that makes me mad.....
I haven’t been there in a week or so, been out of town, but last I was the security rig was still there.

I charge here multiple times per week. It’s a full 250kw station. The people posting all the reviews and comments about slow charging are quite simply wrong, experienced an extremely isolated issue, or don’t understand how supercharging works.

FWIW, the map currently shows 7/8 available, so if it was vandalized again it’s already fixed.

Last edited:
I haven’t been there in a week or so, been out of town, but last I was the security rig was still there.

I charge here multiple times per week. It’s a full 250kw station. The people posting all the reviews and comments about slow charging are quite simply wrong, experienced an extremely isolated issue, or don’t understand how supercharging works.

FWIW, the map currently shows 7/8 available, so if it was vandalized again it’s already fixed.
good

the map currently shows 7/8 available, so if it was vandalized again it’s already fixed.
Tesla is pretty quick especially if the security cameras are fed to them directly.

But just because the station shows they are available may not mean they are not cut. The wires that get cut feed to the handle you plug into your car where those wires come to an end, just like at the end of a cut. So it may be difficult unless they feed a continuous loop thru the cable to detect they the cable itself is missing. ALTHOUGH, when I was there and the cable was cut the station showed out of order after being up when I navigated there. So either they CAN detect it and it just happened (unlikely as someone was there the day previous and captured the cables having been cut w/o realizing it, coolant still puddled on the ground) or more likely someone before me called Tesla Road Service.

Tesla is pretty quick especially if the security cameras are fed to them directly.

But just because the station shows they are available may not mean they are not cut. The wires that get cut feed to the handle you plug into your car where those wires come to an end, just like at the end of a cut. So it may be difficult unless they feed a continuous loop thru the cable to detect they the cable itself is missing. ALTHOUGH, when I was there and the cable was cut the station showed out of order after being up when I navigated there. So either they CAN detect it and it just happened (unlikely as someone was there the day previous and captured the cables having been cut w/o realizing it, coolant still puddled on the ground) or more likely someone before me called Tesla Road Service.
I'm guessing they can detect low coolant. I'm sure they can also detect zero charge sessions for an unusual period of time.

I don't know how closely they monitor, but it should be possible.