Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ojai, CA (LIVE 22 Jul 2019, 12 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes. Those are the EA units made by Efacec that caused the outage all along the east coast. I don't know what the remedy was on the east coast. I had previously assumed that they were ripping out the Efacec units and replacing them with units from their other 3 manufacturers. Hopefully these are newly revised units that won't have problems like the older ones back east.

IMG_1066.jpeg

Here is another photo of the Electrify America chargers adjacent to the Supercharger site.

I wonder why there are 4 Electrify America charging spaces and four charging stands with dual charging cables. Three of the dual chargers have two CCS plugs each (the three shown in my photo). The one unit not shown in my photo, but shown in the other photo has one CCS plug and one ChaDemo plug. Also you can see in both photos that the EA cables are much longer than the Tesla Supercharger cables. I wonder if they designed the layout such that if the EA spaces are all filled up a non Tesla car can park in the Tesla supercharger spot, and stretch the EA CCS cable to charge in that spot.

Not also all the red signs in that roll say "general parking" and the red signs on the other roll of superchargers, not in the above photo, say "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only."

See the other two photos.
IMG_1057.jpeg
IMG_1058.jpeg

View attachment 635784

Here is another photo of the Electrify America chargers adjacent to the Supercharger site.

I wonder why there are 4 Electrify America charging spaces and four charging stands with dual charging cables. Three of the dual chargers have two CCS plugs each (the three shown in my photo). The one unit not shown in my photo, but shown in the other photo has one CCS plug and one ChaDemo plug. Also you can see in both photos that the EA cables are much longer than the Tesla Supercharger cables. I wonder if they designed the layout such that if the EA spaces are all filled up a non Tesla car can park in the Tesla supercharger spot, and stretch the EA CCS cable to charge in that spot.

Not also all the red signs in that roll say "general parking" and the red signs on the other roll of superchargers, not in the above photo, say "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only."

See the other two photos.View attachment 635786View attachment 635787

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but only one of the cables per EA charger can be used at once. Supposedly because it gives slightly greater range to reach both sides of the car, but perhaps also for redundancy.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
Have to give a shout out to Boku Foods, the store adjacent to the chargers. Fantastic place. Great choice of food, drinks, pastry, etc. Cleanest restrooms possible. Wonderful site too, many tables outside for resting while charging. There is a direct connection to a bike/walking path for those so inclined, with a bike repair station right there too.

RT

PXL_20221030_154623862.jpgPXL_20221030_154628528.jpgPXL_20221030_154633325.jpgPXL_20221030_154706458.jpgPXL_20221030_154722922.jpg