Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ojai, CA (LIVE 22 Jul 2019, 12 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictures from Saturday June 29. Crew on site this morning Monday July 1: final inspection? Commissioning?
The Edison Green Transformer package was placed on site about 2-3 weeks ago so I believe that it is dedicated to the chargers.
I just drove by to check it out. 1 white work truck no markings on truck and a white small work van like tesla rangers use also no markings. Looked like they had the bigger cabinets on the right open and where working on those.

Security error on website cut off the pics so here they are:
Please post images in a more forum friendly manner. Your pictures repeated here for the benefit of others.

Ojai_SC_2019-06-29-1.jpg

Ojai_SC_2019-06-29-1.jpg

Attachments

• Ojai_SC_2019-06-29-2.jpg
    Ojai_SC_2019-06-29-2.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 72
Update from the Ojai Planning Dept.: As of this afternoon they told me the last inspection was for the lights on July 3. There were no additional inspections scheduled. I asked for a contact person at the contractor, but all she had was someone at Tesla. Even better! So I've left a message on the person's phone. I'll post his reply . . . if he returns my call.

Todays update.
We have a couple of folks keeping track on progress, as well as we asked Reno at Boku Foods
(a host in the operation) to let us know when it gets turned on.
Tesla has not yet called for final inspection from the city.
According to Reno it may get activated in a couple of days, possible by the 16th,
There is no planned ribbon cutting or event in the works.

• Informative
Reactions: JasonA-EV and gene
Friday at 1PM. Just went to the SC and Tesla has not turned it on yet. Electrician there and was unsure of the exact timing. Mr Rolle from BOKU said that the target is now Monday but would text us when something develops.

Lucky I was asleep between @gene's post and yours, otherwise the entry on supercharge.info may have suffered from premature activation!

what is weird though is still doesn't show on phone or car map. Also it didn't register a session charge and after i was done it said last supercharge is the one I did last week up north. It did deduct from my referral miles though. Oh and it didn't tell me your charge is almost complete.

Funny I charged on Tuesday and my app said "your charge is almost complete." Don't know about the mileage info as I have unlimited and it never supplies charging info to my account.
Nearby amenities: picnic area just to the west along the bike path. Tables (hard bring a cushion) but no other facilities. Vons grocery store across Ojai Ave. for those of you heading up Maricopa highway to Wheeler Gorge campground or Rose Valley campground. Good breakfast restaurant in the Von's shopping center next to the True Value hardware store and drug store. Ben Franklin's variety store and banks (Rabobank & Chase ATM's) located north just across the street from Vons. Of course as mentioned in previous threads the Topa Mountain winery & tasting room is just a few hundred feet east (towards downtown Ojai) of Boku and the charging area. Boku is considering adding a snack bar and dedicated charging restroom facilities if the interest is there so stick your head into their facility, introduce yourself and say hello.

• Informative
Reactions: gene