Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Osoyoos, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on the Osoyoos Supercharger on if Construction has started? Anyone know anything about the ones that are supposed to be installed in Chelan and Okanogan in Washington on Hwy 97 as well? They are all listed as Coming in 2019 on the Tesla site. Would be helpful for trips I will need to make in the new year.

Thanks for any info.
Given when they got town planning approval for the location and remaining time in the warmer seasons, I wouldn't expect construction to happen in Osoyoos until next year. It might still happen this year, but I'd rate that a low percentage chance. Especially given Tesla's Canadian supercharger operations are so focused on finishing the TCH this year. Hopefully, they'll try to tackle Highway 3 next year.

We haven't heard anything yet about building in Chelan or Okanogan. If and when someone finds something for those locations, it'll be posted and discussed in Northwest

We haven't heard anything yet about building in Chelan or Okanogan. If and when someone finds something for those locations, it'll be posted and discussed in Northwest

Although they're not superchargers, that area of North Central WA has a few 80 Amp L2 chargers (HaL2) courtesy of Plug-In North Central Washington, and they're free! High Amperage Level 2 Charging Network — Plug-In North Central Washington

At 80A you should get ~110km/70mph charge rate, so a long lunch/breakfast should get you enough juice to get to the next supercharger.

I'm not sure which Tesla models can get more than 32A charge using the J1772 adaptor, I was hoping to find out if my M3LR would get the full 48A it can take on a roundtrip Seattle-Oroville-Seattle (even a Leavenworth-Oroville-Leavenworth is not possible without a top-up somewhere) but my trip got cancelled.

So I'm hoping Osoyoos comes on-line before summer 2020 and a cross-border hop to the SC makes this a no-sweat trip.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I was in Osoyoos on Friday and decided to stop in at the city hall to see if they have any new information. The woman i talked with said that the Tesla rep who made the agreement in regards to use of the town's lot is on paternity. further to that his fill in is not agreeing to the conditions set. It sounds like there is nothing imminent with an Osoyoos supervharger

Thanks for this update. Not exactly encouraging, but informative. Hopefully it’ll be done before summer.
Driving the Crows Nest Highway will sure be a lot easier once a Supercharger gets up and running here.
I just read that the cross Canada Highway has new V3 chargers that have all come online. Can Osoyoos be far behind?
(well, if history is any guide, yea)

I was in Osoyoos on Friday and decided to stop in at the city hall to see if they have any new information. The woman i talked with said that the Tesla rep who made the agreement in regards to use of the town's lot is on paternity. further to that his fill in is not agreeing to the conditions set. It sounds like there is nothing imminent with an Osoyoos supervharger

I wonder what the conditions are... is the city asking for a lot in return for using their (parking) lot? And when will regular rep return from leave?

Hopefully open soon this year!

Anyone have any updates on this supercharger? It seems like the entire Crowsnest route has been forgotten. I drive this route a lot and have been force to go north to Merritt and Kelowna because I can't supercharge along HWY 3... I thought for sure this would be done by now.

Hey everyone. I have been contacting the town planning department and city manger monthly for updates since it was announced last July. Done my best to explain the significance of this charging station to all the communities and businesses along and around these routes. Does not seem like a high priority at this time. I suppose that goes without saying given the inactivity since the time it was announced. It appears to be a city of Osoyoos issue as opposed to a Tesla one. For the first few months after the announcement, there was a fellow in the planning department who was excited about the project and pleasant to speak and deal with. He has subsequently moved on and the tone amongst others I have communicated with has changed. This is my first post (in any forum ever actually). I am not familiar with the etiquette by any stretch of the imagination and I hope I haven’t rambled in too much or broken any other protocols. I’d be happy to provide names and phone numbers for the responsible parties, as far as decisions are concerned, if there is any interest.

Hey everyone. I have been contacting the town planning department and city manger monthly for updates since it was announced last July. Done my best to explain the significance of this charging station to all the communities and businesses along and around these routes. Does not seem like a high priority at this time. I suppose that goes without saying given the inactivity since the time it was announced. It appears to be a city of Osoyoos issue as opposed to a Tesla one. For the first few months after the announcement, there was a fellow in the planning department who was excited about the project and pleasant to speak and deal with. He has subsequently moved on and the tone amongst others I have communicated with has changed. This is my first post (in any forum ever actually). I am not familiar with the etiquette by any stretch of the imagination and I hope I haven’t rambled in too much or broken any other protocols. I’d be happy to provide names and phone numbers for the responsible parties, as far as decisions are concerned, if there is any interest.
So what sort of information did they actually give you? This is really a pretty important location for those of us traveling Hwy 97.

Although not as speedy as Superchargers, there is good available of 50 kW CHAdeMO DC fast chargers along Hwy 3. Invest in that adapter if you travel this route.

I've been holding off on buying a CHAdeMO adapter in the hope that Tesla would come to their senses and release a CCS adapter. But, I may just have to cave. It is getting annoying planning my routes strictly around Tesla Superchargers in BC. We got some early in Canada, but not many since, at least not outside the Lower Mainland.

I've been holding off on buying a CHAdeMO adapter in the hope that Tesla would come to their senses and release a CCS adapter. But, I may just have to cave. It is getting annoying planning my routes strictly around Tesla Superchargers in BC. We got some early in Canada, but not many since, at least not outside the Lower Mainland.

I agree that it would be really nice to have a CCS adapter, or at least a 100 kW CHAdeMO adapter, now that we are beginning to see some higher power stations being deployed. 50 kW feels pretty darn slow after a Supercharger!

Even though the border is closed it's kind of comforting to know Oroville and Osoyoos are international partners in resistance to anything new. I mean, other than new U.S. ICE vehicles those in B.C. are waiting to buy. Good lord, fighting against Tesla chargers in B.C. is like fighting against the internet, and not that far away from insisting that Earth is flat. These are just small places to plug in electric vehicles. What is the possible objection to that?

• Funny
Reactions: KootsChewt
As you can see in the attached photo, I got a reply from Michael Rihani (new supercharger user experience and strategy guy at Tesla) on Twitter regarding the superchargers coming to the crowsnest highway. Not sure if this will speed things up, but I think it can't hurt.

Attachments

• superchargerscrowsnest.JPG
    superchargerscrowsnest.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 106
As you can see in the attached photo, I got a reply from Michael Rihani (new supercharger user experience and strategy guy at Tesla) on Twitter regarding the superchargers coming to the crowsnest highway. Not sure if this will speed things up, but I think it can't hurt.
Thanks Glenn, just added my 2¢ to that twitter thread. HWY 3 is an important tourist route for Vancouverites, and Vancouver is a strong market for Tesla.

Reactions: Nilroc