Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Parsippany, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Option 1: Menlo is the nearest but will suck 45mi of range round trip and take about 45min in travel time.

Option 2: Chademo at the Nissan on 22

Option 3: there’s a free L2 at RVCC

None of them are as good as a supercharger but might be helpful in case you’re in a bind.

I was not aware of the Chademo - I’m trying to find an adapter on eBay so I don’t have to fork over $500 for a new one but I may have to.
Thanks

I also desperately need the Bridgewater supercharger. I live in a Boston but my parents live in Bridgewater and with my mom sick I e been visiting them almost every month. There are no nearby superchargers and my parents don’t have 240 outlets. I’m constantly forced to manage power with 120v charging when visiting.
My in-laws are in Bridgewater, and I agree it's not the best destination for an EV. But I've found that a combination of the Edison supercharger and 120V overnight at our hotel has been sufficient. And when we do need to supercharge, we'll combine the trip to Edison with a meal or other errands in the mall or nearby. Not ideal, and obviously we'd greatly prefer a supercharger right in Bridgewater, but it gets the job done for us.

Not odd at all, Superchargers were originally (and mostly still) placed for long distance travel, locals are really not the priority.

Agreed, but I have to say this area of NJ is in need of a Supercharger - and long overdue. There's nothing really all that close or comparable (let alone convenient) in the area and it's also along a major commuting corridor Route 80. When I visit the area from time to time, it's a struggle to find charging, although family has installed a basic outlet for me to use when I visit. There's enough malls and outlet sites in the area that could get in on it, much like the one out Tannerville PA (Premium Outlets).

Agreed, but I have to say this area of NJ is in need of a Supercharger - and long overdue. There's nothing really all that close or comparable (let alone convenient) in the area and it's also along a major commuting corridor Route 80. When I visit the area from time to time, it's a struggle to find charging, although family has installed a basic outlet for me to use when I visit. There's enough malls and outlet sites in the area that could get in on it, much like the one out Tannerville PA (Premium Outlets).

Everyone always wants a supercharger exactly where it would be most optimal for them, however in reality there is plenty of coverage in this area.

To the west, just over 50 miles away is a Tannersville, north there is Paramus and Newburgh. South there is two in Edison, New Brunswick and Hamilton. East there is just a bunch of em depending on where you're going in NY/CT.

There are 18 superchargers within 50 miles of Parsippany (not including the ones in Manhattan). So while it may not be optimal, its hardly long overdue.

I will be thrilled when this one goes on line as it will be super convenient for my trips too, but its far from a supercharger desert like some other areas of the country.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy
Everyone always wants a supercharger exactly where it would be most optimal for them, however in reality there is plenty of coverage in this area.

To the west, just over 50 miles away is a Tannersville, north there is Paramus and Newburgh. South there is two in Edison, New Brunswick and Hamilton. East there is just a bunch of em depending on where you're going in NY/CT.

There are 18 superchargers within 50 miles of Parsippany (not including the ones in Manhattan). So while it may not be optimal, its hardly long overdue.

I will be thrilled when this one goes on line as it will be super convenient for my trips too, but its far from a supercharger desert like some other areas of the country.

But as a visitor to the area you are using up 100 miles of range plus charge time plus travel time. Yes, there are other areas worse off, but given the size of the population and the growing Tesla community, it should be a priority. There's enough businesses and such in the area to prioritize it.

I think there's plenty to get to NYC or for Eastern NJ; but there isn't anything from SW PA up to towards Albany. As it is now, we have to go east to the NJTP to come back west; or take a 1-1.5hr round trip stop in Hamilton. We make it work, and we can make it in one shot when it's just the car. But when towing it turns a 3.5 hour trip to a 10 hour trip and it's tough not to miss an ICE in that situation. So I get it, anything on 202 up to 287 would be a great addition to the network. I'm not sure what the traffic volume is though to measure priority over another area.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Stopped by this location today and saw a bunch of construction. Spoke with the foreman and he said he was working on a gasoline project and not electric. See #1 in screenshot below.

IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg

I'd venture to guess that they'll be constructing the Supercharger in the "Employee Parking" section, which is currently paved with about 10+ parking spots:

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 8.02.50 PM.png

I'm not sure what this means, if anything, but searching the Parsippany website I found two lines in the "Check Register" one for June and one from July for GPD Group / Tesla, project BOA18-05 for 2,624.75 in June and 1,595.00 in July.

GDP group is a company that frequently does site plans for Superchargers.

I can't imagine what these would be except for permitting fees. Seems like a ridiculously high amount for that, but I don't know what else it would be. Good news is that at least something is still happening, I was worried that this one had been canceled/postponed.

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
I drove by there today. No sign of construction anywhere. The "gas project" seems to be complete. Nothing resembling activity for any kind of electrical work. A Wawa panel truck and apparent employees parked in the employee parking lot.

I must say it is really hard getting into the parking lot from the freeway direction.

Why was it hard to get into the parking lot from 280? I drove past on Friday and didn't go in but it looked super convenient to get to.
We'll, I'm new to the area (like many SC users would be), had to cross 2 lanes of rush hour traffic near a traffic light to get in. Going out, I figured out how to use the light to advantage to go North to hwy 46.

But it was a very busy intersection.

We'll, I'm new to the area (like many SC users would be), had to cross 2 lanes of rush hour traffic near a traffic light to get in. Going out, I figured out how to use the light to advantage to go North to hwy 46.

But it was a very busy intersection.

Assuming you were on 280 going West, just get off and stop at the light to go straight onto Edwards Road into the Wawa.

If you were on 280 going east, also just stop at the light and make a left onto Edwards Road, if I recall that light even has a left turn lane and dedicated arrow.

Assuming you were on 280 going West, just get off and stop at the light to go straight onto Edwards Road into the Wawa.

If you were on 280 going east, also just stop at the light and make a left onto Edwards Road, if I recall that light even has a left turn lane and dedicated arrow.

What jaguar said. And when you're leaving, use the same entrance as an exit. You can actually continue onto Edwards road (make a right onto it) out of WaWa to put yourself onto rt46 east...

I went to look at the site for the Parsippany Supercharger and found nothing there. Spoke to the employees and they said that they added diesel and that took the space a supercharger would have. Called town hall in Parsippany and they said no permit has been applied for by Tesla to build a supercharger in Parsippany.