Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pembroke, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Caught this during last night's planning board meeting. 8 V3 superchargers across from Panera (Tesla plan screenshot attached)

Google Maps

Planning board agreed to make this a minor modification (as opposed to full site plan) so hopefully that will speed things up a bit!

Attachments

• pembrokesc.png
    pembrokesc.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 222
Caught this during last night's planning board meeting. 8 V3 superchargers across from Panera (Tesla plan screenshot attached)

Google Maps

Planning board agreed to make this a minor modification (as opposed to full site plan) so hopefully that will speed things up a bit!
Nice find! Further evidence that people should be on the lookout for a supercharger whenever in the vicinity of a Panera.

@Chuq @MarcoRP

Planning board minutes from the June 29th meeting suggest the board waiting for Tesla' to resubmit final plans with vegetation or landscaped screening around the electrical cabinets, and that they might be in a position to approve the project once submitted.

Perhaps worth noting, the same Tesla representatives are in discussions with the town of Woburn on the supercharger project there. Pembroke seems much easier to deal with than Woburn....

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
As of the June 29 meeting Tesla agreed to draft final drawings including shielding the charging cabinets and transformer with landscaping.

“Ms. Coletta asked if Tesla could give a written commitment to screen the transformer area with vegetation. Mr. Noseworthy agreed, and said they are still working on creating a full set of drawings, which would show the screening.”

as of July 27 meeting the fire chief recommended some basic electric vehicle safety training from Tesla to the fire department.

“Mr. Taylor said the Fire Chief had given some recommendations regarding a possible electric car charging station, in particular that bollards be installed to protect the equipment and that a warning sign be posted. Mr. Wandell suggested that Tesla provide training to the Fire Department about electric vehicle protection training, such as extrication from an electrically charged vehicle. He noted the unique dangers of electric vehicles during accidents, and that rescuers risk being electrocuted.”

As of the August 10 meeting the town agreed they would like to see training for firefighters from Tesla.

“Mr. Taylor said that the Fire Chief was in favor of Mr. Wandell’s suggestion (in a previous board meeting) that if Tesla builds an electric car charging station in Pembroke, the company should provide training to the Fire Department about electric vehicle protection and extrication from electrically charged vehicles.”

I think we’ve seen Tesla provide training to local fire departments in the past. I recall seeing instructional training videos from Fremont on how to cut the emergency disconnect cables in both the frunk and the C pillar using the jaws of life.

As of the June 29 meeting Tesla agreed to draft final drawings including shielding the charging cabinets and transformer with landscaping.

“Ms. Coletta asked if Tesla could give a written commitment to screen the transformer area with vegetation. Mr. Noseworthy agreed, and said they are still working on creating a full set of drawings, which would show the screening.”

as of July 27 meeting the fire chief recommended some basic electric vehicle safety training from Tesla to the fire department.

“Mr. Taylor said the Fire Chief had given some recommendations regarding a possible electric car charging station, in particular that bollards be installed to protect the equipment and that a warning sign be posted. Mr. Wandell suggested that Tesla provide training to the Fire Department about electric vehicle protection training, such as extrication from an electrically charged vehicle. He noted the unique dangers of electric vehicles during accidents, and that rescuers risk being electrocuted.”

As of the August 10 meeting the town agreed they would like to see training for firefighters from Tesla.

“Mr. Taylor said that the Fire Chief was in favor of Mr. Wandell’s suggestion (in a previous board meeting) that if Tesla builds an electric car charging station in Pembroke, the company should provide training to the Fire Department about electric vehicle protection and extrication from electrically charged vehicles.”

I think we’ve seen Tesla provide training to local fire departments in the past. I recall seeing instructional training videos from Fremont on how to cut the emergency disconnect cables in both the frunk and the C pillar using the jaws of life.
Tesla has a web page with information for first responders detailing safety information, and videos for extrication.

First Responders | Tesla

Doing the rounds for Superchargers in permit status for over a year to see if they should be removed. Came across Pembroke so I decided to send an email to the town, and here's the reply I got. Remove the pin? @corywright @Tdreamer

Someone from Tesla came before the Pembroke Planning Board about 2-3 years ago and discussed the possibility of installing a few chargers for electric cars in a parking lot in the vicinity of the Panera. I forget the precise location, but it was on the north side of Route 139 and very close to the Panera (within 75 feet, I’d guess). Presumably they wanted to put chargers near the Route 3 interchange, so that was a good spot.

As I recall the discussion, the board members were open to the idea and only suggested a few minor conditions. However, unfortunately we never heard back from Tesla. So it seems like the company abandoned the idea.

Doing the rounds for Superchargers in permit status for over a year to see if they should be removed. Came across Pembroke so I decided to send an email to the town, and here's the reply I got. Remove the pin? @corywright @Tdreamer

Someone from Tesla came before the Pembroke Planning Board about 2-3 years ago and discussed the possibility of installing a few chargers for electric cars in a parking lot in the vicinity of the Panera. I forget the precise location, but it was on the north side of Route 139 and very close to the Panera (within 75 feet, I’d guess). Presumably they wanted to put chargers near the Route 3 interchange, so that was a good spot.

As I recall the discussion, the board members were open to the idea and only suggested a few minor conditions. However, unfortunately we never heard back from Tesla. So it seems like the company abandoned the idea.

Thanks @MarcoRP. I'll give it a few days in case someone else has information that this one is still alive, but if not then I'll remove it.
I am trying to get an answer on this and will update one way or the other - hopefully within the next couple of days.

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
I noticed Hanover, MA appeared on the Tesla official supercharger map tonight as “coming soon” but I can’t find anything about it. I wonder if this is actually the Pembroke one but they listed it on the website incorrectly?