Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped by there this morning and talked to the foreman on site. He says they'll be finished in "about a month".
IMG_20150816_120823.jpg
IMG_20150816_120936.jpg

I dropped by there this morning and talked to the foreman on site. He says they'll be finished in "about a month". QUOTE]

was that the excavation foreman? If so, he's not in charge of the installation. Yesterday he was suggesting the site preparation would be ready for inspection and turnover within "two or three weeks". I hope you were talking with the overall foreman because I like your answer better than the one I had.

OMG ... are those firewood-powered SuperChargers? lol.

Thanks for the pics ... it seems like Christmas in August to see those SC boxes on site! From earlier posts, it sounded like site prep work might get completed, then we'd have to sit and wait for hardware to arrive. Exciting to see this all happening, as I've been going nuts waiting for a Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area SuperCharger (like everyone one else) to make trips from Naples to Miami and back ... or Key West and back, as the case may be, now that the Marathon SC is up and running. Great posts and updates -- thanks so much, and keep the pics coming please!

OMG ... are those firewood-powered SuperChargers? lol.

Thanks for the pics ... it seems like Christmas in August to see those SC boxes on site! From earlier posts, it sounded like site prep work might get completed, then we'd have to sit and wait for hardware to arrive. Exciting to see this all happening, as I've been going nuts waiting for a Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area SuperCharger (like everyone one else) to make trips from Naples to Miami and back ... or Key West and back, as the case may be, now that the Marathon SC is up and running. Great posts and updates -- thanks so much, and keep the pics coming please!

Welcome to the forum, Cactus1993! I was planning to do a time lapse day-by-day series of pictures, but I'm now on a project in DC and only home on some weekends :-(
By the way, you should only needs these SCs when you're not staying overnight in Miami. There are definitely charging options there for overnight (see Plugshare).

LOL, jbcarioca!

And Aviators 99, thank you for the pictures, and your welcome (I've been silently enjoying the boards here, and felt I should finally contribute.) That would be great to see any photos, especially time-lapse, if it ever becomes possible for you to do so! I've had a P85 since January, and despite my continuing amazement at not visiting a gas station since, I actually did venture to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, outside Supercharger range. To Miami, we stopped at the Dania Tesla location to pick up an 60-70 extra miles before heading home, which wasn't the fastest or most convenient, and to Ft. Lauderdale, we didn't stay at any of the 3 hotels listed on Plugshare at the time, so I just trickle charged in the basement of the hotel we did stay at, at the warp-rate speed rate of 4-5 mph. lol. By the time we left, it was enough though, but I have to admit I checked my app on regular occasions to monitor its progress. If nothing else, it all makes me appreciate the convenience of Superchargers even more ... and I can't wait to drive to Plantation just to charge up when it's completed! Is that odd? :)

... and I can't wait to drive to Plantation just to charge up when it's completed! Is that odd? :)

Hi Tim,

I'd like to add to Ron's welcome to the forum.

Odd? Heck no. There was a time in the early days when most of my mileage was attributed to driving to Supercharger ribbon cutting ceremonies. :rolleyes:

For me having a Model S has brought back the Sunday drive.

Regards,

Larry

Hi Tim,

I'd like to add to Ron's welcome to the forum.

Odd? Heck no. There was a time in the early days when most of my mileage was attributed to driving to Supercharger ribbon cutting ceremonies. :rolleyes:

For me having a Model S has brought back the Sunday drive.

Regards,

Larry

Hi Larry:

Thank you also for your welcome ... and for starting and maintaining this forum! I've enjoyed it from the sidelines for a while, and even more so now with the Plantation SuperCharger updates and photos.

You mentioning the return of the "Sunday Drive" struck a chord. I remember those from a long time ago, growing up with my family. Back in those days, however, they were more of a seatbelt-less, gas-guzzling, second-hand smoke-filled journey! How times have changed. I've never seen it on a Tesla ad yet, but as you said, Tesla has brought back -- and reinvented -- the Sunday drive.

Looking forward to taking one to Plantation soon!

Thanks again, Larry.