Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Port Alberni, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo courtesy of @dgibbons from the Western Canada Superchargers thread.
IMG_1902.jpg

@Chuq @Big Earl

Last edited:
I would think this means a supercharger in Tofino, or perhaps near the intersection closer to Ucluelet, is coming. Most of the Tesla traffic through Port Alberni would be heading out to the coast and Port Alberni to Tofino and back with some driving around while staying in Tofino is too much for most Teslas.
Putting a supercharger at the junction is the only place that makes sense. Not everyone on the Westcoast is headed to Tofino. There is also limited space in Tofino proper to built a station, couple that with the summer parking issues there, ice-ing will be an issue.
I grew up in Ucluelet, so I have less of an affinity for Tofino ;-)

Putting a supercharger at the junction is the only place that makes sense. Not everyone on the Westcoast is headed to Tofino. There is also limited space in Tofino proper to built a station, couple that with the summer parking issues there, ice-ing will be an issue.
I grew up in Ucluelet, so I have less of an affinity for Tofino ;-)
Yep. Much higher priority to put the SCs on the way to places, close enough you can easily get there and back in any Tesla.

Most Teslas can’t get from Nanaimo to Tofino and back without charging. Especially with a bit of driving/sentry there.

The Ucluelet SC completely opens up Tesla trips to Tofino (and most of the rest of the West coast)

Much less vital, but nice to have, are chargers at the end of routes, like Tofino.

But a Tofino charger doesn’t really open up any extra routes or trips. It just makes it a bit more convenient if you’re staying there for a long time (so you don’t have to use one of the other options that are only mildly inconvenient when you’re hanging around for a while).

• Informative
Reactions: DavidL67 and NSTM3
The Ucluelet SC completely opens up Tesla trips to Tofino (and most of the rest of the West coast)

I totally agree ... Adding a supercharger to the Pacific Rim Visitor Information Centre (near the turn off to Ucluelet) would be the obvious location. BC Hydro already has 50 KWh CHAdeMO/CCS1 chargers there, but during the summer I've seen a lineup.

Reactions: MrTemple and X-Men