Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from 9/12/2023. Much of the site still behind fence.

1694611956523.png

Reactions: PStewart
what's interesting, is that I can't find anything about this supercharger site. It's not listed as a "coming soon", or anything.
Actually, I feel like I'm finally figuring some things out. I found the link that shows you where the new and under construction supercharger sites are.

what exactly is it that you are posting here? I don't understand

When a new Supercharger site appears on Supercharge.info I check to see what Interstates, US Numbered Highways, Auxiliary Interstates (spurs) and (for some locations), state highways it's close to, where close is essentially a 10 mile diversion or less. (I may tighten my standards at some point in the future).

I track how the sites change distances between Supercharger locations.

I also record the type and name of the site hosting the Supercharger. Here I just had copied some data and failed to update the host values so I posted an incorrect host. At malls, I put the host mall, even though it might really be through an agreement with an anchor tenant, as an anchor tenant may have an agreement that gives it more control of the lot.

(Note that I don't generally do alt routes of US Numbered highways, or if I did I would treat them as state highways. US-25W is part of the main network.)

Actually, I feel like I'm finally figuring some things out. I found the link that shows you where the new and under construction supercharger sites are.

Welcome to the world of the Supercharger nerds. :) The changes tab shows all new information.

Reactions: ElectricWolff
When a new Supercharger site appears on Supercharge.info I check to see what Interstates, US Numbered Highways, Auxiliary Interstates (spurs) and (for some locations), state highways it's close to, where close is essentially a 10 mile diversion or less. (I may tighten my standards at some point in the future).

I track how the sites change distances between Supercharger locations.

I also record the type and name of the site hosting the Supercharger. Here I just had copied some data and failed to update the host values so I posted an incorrect host. At malls, I put the host mall, even though it might really be through an agreement with an anchor tenant, as an anchor tenant may have an agreement that gives it more control of the lot.

(Note that I don't generally do alt routes of US Numbered highways, or if I did I would treat them as state highways. US-25W is part of the main network.)

Welcome to the world of the Supercharger nerds. :) The changes tab shows all new information.
It is most definitely a new world to me, and I'm having a blast!

I'm specifically looking at the supercharger that's in Powell TN. It has a yellow triangle with the number 71 (days) in it. I assume that's the amount of days that construction has been going on at this supercharger site. What have you found to be the average length of time that these things are up and running after they start construction? It seems every time I drive by it just looks the same with half the chargers behind a fence and half the chargers just sitting there. Not much work seems to be getting done. Do they need to have a transformer installed there? Is that the delay, do you think?

I assume that's the amount of days that construction has been going on at this supercharger site.
Yes, well, specifically the amount of days since someone reported construction starting.
What have you found to be the average length of time that these things are up and running after they start construction?
You can see in the Construction/Permit Status Days chart: supercharge.info
Powell, TN is pretty squarely in the middle, though that is current status I believe.
Not much work seems to be getting done.
This does often happen, especially towards the end, as it often depends on the local electric utility to install transformers and or approve of the installation before it can "go live".

I'm specifically looking at the supercharger that's in Powell TN. It has a yellow triangle with the number 71 (days) in it. I assume that's the amount of days that construction has been going on at this supercharger site. What have you found to be the average length of time that these things are up and running after they start construction? It seems every time I drive by it just looks the same with half the chargers behind a fence and half the chargers just sitting there. Not much work seems to be getting done. Do they need to have a transformer installed there? Is that the delay, do you think?

Transformers are a significant delay at the moment. It seems to vary depending on the utility. Maybe some worked more on-demand, while others have a stock ordered in advance. Once the transformer is there, it seems to be relatively quick to opening.

So, on Supercharger threads you'll often see questions about whether the transformer is in place. So many pictures on here of empty concrete slabs.

You can try calculating things using data on the Changes tab. You can show 10,000 and filter to USA and copy the resulting data and use it to calculate time to opening.

• Informative
Reactions: StephenBrown2
Found the permit listed in Knox Co Records as 7545 Barnett Way (Topside Construction) instead of 7549 Barnett Way, which is what is listed on supercharge.info. It's just a little different from what is listed on Supercharge.info.
Is it worth updating? Couldn't find a way to do it
Just askin'
going to drive by this am to check on status and will update

Heading to Knoxville this weekend to see the Vols. Was hoping this would be operational. I find it interesting it isn‘t show on Tesla‘s ”Find Us” map but the targeted new Supercharger in Alcoa has been listed for quite some time with a “Q3 2023” target and has had no movement. Wonder if they decided to change the location but never updated their info?

Heading to Knoxville this weekend to see the Vols. Was hoping this would be operational. I find it interesting it isn‘t show on Tesla‘s ”Find Us” map but the targeted new Supercharger in Alcoa has been listed for quite some time with a “Q3 2023” target and has had no movement. Wonder if they decided to change the location but never updated their info?

Both locations make sense to have. I think if you go forward in time long enough you'll see both actually in service.

Just went by to check. No change
I think this site has been abandoned
:(

FWIW it's still got the icon on the voting for new superchargers map as a coming supercharger site.

Guarantee you it goes live before the superbowl Sunday, February 11, 2024. (random date I picked, I mean that is the actual date of the superbowl, but the superbowl is random in context)